I was a little concerned as to what to expect based on other reviews, but our group of four couldn't go past $130 or so per night. We had a family room (one double bed and one bunk bed) on the sixth floor. The room (although sparse) was clean, the staff were helpful and friendly, and we had a view of the harbour and Sydney Harbour Bridge. The only thing wrong with the room was that the bathroom door lock was broken, which meant the door itself could just be pulled in but wouldn't actually click closed (but this didn't cause us any problems). Very easy walk to nearby Kings Cross Station. We didn't have the hotel breakfast, preferring to go to Subway (on the way to the train station). Would consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes from the Sydney CBD in the cosmopolitan East Sydney, Formule 1 Sydney East is the ideal inner city budget accommodation. The lively area boasts a huge range of restaurants, bars and clubs; and is within walking distance to the city, Sydney shopping, museums, art galleries, Hyde Park and the colourful Oxford Street.From the close by train station, Bondi Junction, Circular Quay and many more attractions are only a few stops away. Rooms feature a queen size bed with single or double bunk, twin beds or quad share rooms and all have a private en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and LCD TV's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis budget Sydney East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Formule 1 Sydney East Hotel Sydney
- Formule 1 Kings Cross Sydney