“Budget price hotel with friendly efficient staff”

Ibis budget Sydney East
Ranked #117 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Bundaberg
“Budget price hotel with friendly efficient staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel as we were loking for an inexpensive stay in Sydney.
We were just after a clean room with a bed and door that we could sleep in and we certainly got that. Hotels in this price range frequently come with unhelpful and undermotivated staff, and I would like to say that the staff at this hotel really were a present surprise.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am pleased you contatced me for I was about to write to Accor.

I have been a foundation member of Advantagea Plus 1995 and this was the worst experience:
a) No Place to hang your clothes. No Hangers
b) Stained sheets and old blanket
c) Poor Lighting
d) Thin small towels
e) Old pillows

Very Very Disgusted

Signed

Gary J Watts

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights.. But we were in the room only to sleep at night. The best thing is that it was very central and a 4 minute walk to Kings Cross Station, which links all of Sydney... Do not need to take a cab to noweher if you are staying here.. A clear budget hotel. The Sri lankan boys at the reception are very accommadating and young lads.. We were very happy with our decision to stay here given that we knew that we were not expecting anything much out of this.. We would recommend this anyday for the budget traveller!!

Room Tip: All rooms are very tiny,so does not make a diff
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed here and actually negotiated a decent price in person for seven nights. The level of cleanliness was adequate and I only used the room as a place to sleep, other than that I was out and about enjoying my time in Sydney.

The location is good, they've got laundry machines, there is a metro nearby, and it is a twenty minute walk to the Botannical Gardens and the Opera House.

There is no wifi, the coin operated internet computers downstairs are expensive, the immediate area is a little seedy, and the crowds on the weekends can be loud as they return from the bars.

I only stayed due to the location and the fact that I negotiated a really good price for the room. It managed to get the job done for me, but I wouldn't return in the future, and I wouldn't recommend it to others.

If you do book a room, bring ear plugs cause your gonna need them

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Perth, Western Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

I seriously doubt humans could possibly stay safely in this place!!!

My partner and I had decided to stay here after positive reviews form OTHER Formule 1 hotels..... they had CLEARLY never stayed here!
I literally walked straight back out after walking in and seeing so much mould i thought something may grow and attack me during the night...cigarette burns in the bed sheets, no ventilation so i thought i would turn on the air con only to be blasted in the face with dust and stuck on mould.....i thought perhaps i would open a window as the stale stench of what could only be described as B.O and vomit was starting to make me light headed, only to be punched in the face with an even worse smell from the lovely view of the alleyway...im not sure what it was and i choose not to ever find out.

I was scared when i was walking out of the room to find a powerpoint that looked as though it had recently been on fire and the elevator buttons...well...non existent... i could have played with the live wires but i decided against it..... a hotel cleaner joined me in the lift and i literally held my breath the whole way down (i dont think they know what deodorant is)

I have been in a $46 a night backpackers and THAT was nicer than this place!
I found another hotel (O'Malleys hotel) and had to have a shower as i felt ....well...slightly violated....

all in all i would rather sleep in the streets of Darlinghurst street than stay here again.

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kryscooper
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

Just got back from a stay of 3 nights. Found the location excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. Decor dated and in need of a bit of tlc but if you're after a cheap safe clean bed near the city centre you can't complain too much.

• Stayed April 2011