“GREAT STAY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Highland Beach, Florida
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I cannot even start to mention all the positives about our stay at the Meriton on Pitt Street. From the moment we walked in the front door we were greeted like a valued guest. We had booked a one bedroom apartment and was upgraded to a two bedroom apartment. The apartment was a corner unit with floor to ceiling windows. The view was incredible!! The apartment was wonderfully furnished and contained everything we needed for our 11 night stay. Having a full kitchen and washer and dryer was such a plus. Housekeeping was great and responded to our extra requests at a moments notice. The only suggestion I would recommend is that additional equipment be added to the fitness room. Having only one elliptical cross trainer was a problem when it was being used. Overall we had a great stay and when we return next year it will be to the Meriton on Pitt Street. Thank you for making our vacation such a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MSAPittStreet, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear BCFeldmar,

Wow! Receiving a 5 star review from a senior contributor on tripadvisor is no doubt something we are immensely proud of. Thank you for recognizing us among the ranks of other 5 star accommodation providers and your kind words are truly appreciated by us.

A home away from home is what we aim to achieve and we are delighted to hear that throughout your 11 night stay, our fully furnished apartments catered to everything you may have required. Be sure to know your recommendations with our fitness facilities have been passed on to the appropriate management team as we only wish to better ourselves for our guests.

Once again, BCFeldmar, thank you for sharing your review and we hope that you stay with us again in future.

Kind Regards,
Eric T
Senior Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We were upgraded to a 3-bedroom apartment. The facilities and kitchenware provided are more than we expected. It s awesome that there s even a dish washing machine.

The location of the apartment is really convenient that it takes about 15mins walking to the harbour. It is located nearby the Town Hall Station which takes only 30mins to the aiport by train.

We spent the last night of our vacation at the apartment and it made a cherry to the cake for our holiday. =)

• Stayed November 2013
Dear LiQueenie,

Thank you so much for the review.

We are very lucky to have such a good location and within close proximity to many great attractions here in Sydney.

LiQueenie, we hope that we see you soon and again many thanks for the review.

Kind Regards,
Eric T
Senior Manager on Duty
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

ONE -- The apartments are a good size and the Skyview rooms have fabulous views - you feel like you are staying in New York !!
TWO -- You cannot get a more convenient location that top end of Pitt street - $10 taxi ride to oxford street or darling harbour or any city location
THREE -- it can be really hard trying to pick accomodation for a group of people BUT I have always ended up the winner when I get my pick to stay at the Meriton
FOUR -- Clean and fresh apartments -- you know how sometimes you go to a hotel and your room smells stale and the sheets are just that little bit yellowish and worn ?...... Well at Pitt street the room smells fresh and the sheets are as crisp and white as a nuns habit
FIVE -- We'll I can be a real pain in the butt but I never got the chance cause the staff have customer service down pat !! Nothing was to much trouble and even when I threw my bad mood hangover personality at them they were so nice back to me I was more than impressed

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you want the room for and they will pick something that suits --
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a three bedroom apartment and it was excellent. Towels were changed as required daily, dishwasher / washing machine powder and bathroom toiletries were replaced as used, and the apartment was very clean and tidied daily (better service then in a "posh" hotel in my view). The staff were always extremely helpful and pleasant. Central location but quiet in the room. If I went to Sydney again I would definitely stay there!

Room Tip: We were near the top of the skyscaper building and the room was very quiet. As we had three bedrooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've been to the Meriton Serviced Apartments a few times. They don't seem very cheap, but they should be. My room and the view was utterly unexciting.

I got in at 1am, the 24 hour reception staff were great. Unfortunately the TV wasn't working so I wasn't able to wind down after a long day at work. It was fixed by the next night though.

No room for a wash kit on the sink/shelves in the bathroom. Nothing particularly positive about the apartment. It was adequate. Furniture was a bit uncomfortable.

1 Thank MysteryIdiot76
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights for business. The apartment itself was great, nice and spacious with great amenities. There were weird noises at night not sure if it was air con or lift going up or down and causing gusts of wind but wasn't too bad.

The customer service however was below par. I was asked to pay a $200 bond for a two bedroom apartment even though I had booked a one bedroom, and the second room had been locked off anyway, so technically I was in a one bedroom?

Also on checkout I left at 8.30am and had a 9am appointment. I was told to wait until my room had been checked to ensure I could get my bond back. I wish they had informed me of this on checkin and I would have allowed myself more time before my first appointment. As it was, I had to leave at 8.50am to get to my appointment and the room still hadn't been checked. How long do they expect people to wait around for? I then had to come all the way back from Wynyard after that appointment (Which I was late for), to collect my bond. No "sorry" or acknowledgement of any sort from the front office staff. I did recommend that they advise people of this procedure upon checkin and was just ignored.

I work in hotels also, and I won't be returning purely based on my customer service experience

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were four females attending a conference in Sydney and needed to keep costs down. The two bedroom unit had four single beds and this met our needs very well. The living area was spacious and the location excellent.