“Long weekend shopping trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street
Ranked #27 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Canberra, Australia
“Long weekend shopping trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I made a late booking for a 2 bedroom apartment, which was an extremely good bargain. Travelled up from Canberra with my son and his partner and child. This location is the perfect place for shopping and dining. Staff gave excellent service, from check in through to check out. The apartment experience beats anything else - I will only use this on further trips to Sydney.

The car park was a little tight, but this is to be expected in any CBD - all was manageable though. I especially enjoyed the fact that a bath was included in the main bedroom, as this meant the 5 year old could enjoy her usual bath at night. Kitchen facilities excellent. Allover, excellent accommodation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Vanessa J,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a 5-star review on your recent stay!

I’m pleased to hear that you were able to get a great rate when making a last minute booking. As you mentioned, we are located in a perfect city location! Just steps out the door and you are at fantastic shopping centers, restaurants and famous Sydney attractions. It definitely makes things convenient when in Sydney for a shopping trip!

Thank you for your appraisal of the front desk staff. The staff at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street strive to provide the highest level of customer service to all guests to ensure that everyone has a memorable and enjoyable stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback, from the team at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
Norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Staying at the end of December did mean that we were paying extremely high rates and maybe a little bit more could have been done/provided to make it something special.
My mum and i had a small one bed apartment, although it is central and a good base for Sydney. The kitchen area is nicely appointed, but the issue for us with the standard kitchen unit fit is that the "eye level" cupboards are too high and that all the cupboards are filled with utensils etc that there isnt really anywhere to store packet foods (but this issue was found in all apartments). The dining table isnt really an appropriate dining table nor the "chairs" which are more like arm chairs that match the sofa so you can't tuck yourself in, and in our room (10th floor) the table and chairs were too near to the entrance door which made it difficult to get in and out of the apartment. We were going to move it against the wall in the lounge area but then read a notice in the book saying that furniture couldn't be moved...so they either need to rearrange the layout themselves or purchase proper dining chairs that can go under the table. The laundry cupboard was fully equiped and the cleaners provided washing powder without charge, as well as the bathroom soaps etc. Initially the bathroom was lovely on appearance, but then we realised the shower unit door didn't shut without force then it wouldn't open so maintenance was sent and fixed the issue. Again slight layout issues in there too as the shower door opens onto the toilet so it was only possible to have one person in the bathroom. There was a minute balcony, so seemed pointless unless you smoke. The bedroom was a good size and the beds were comfortable, and a large fitted wardrobe. We didn't have any issue with the cleaning, but maybe they didn't sweep the floor while we were there (5 days), we had to empty the bins, and also the books "instructions" on how to use the oven were of no help and had to be figured out ourselves with plenty of time to work out if it was actually heating.
The lifts (3) were odd in that you would have to stand and wait for ages as they tended to just go past a couple of times. The pool area seemed adequate but the water collected by the door to the area so you had to be careful not to slip.
The location is brilliant for the train, and the supermarket is on the same block, and is only 20mins walk to the quay area for the rocks/bridge/opera house.
All in all it was a good apartment in a brilliant location that provides some extras but the general layout and function of our apartment was not the best.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Meriton M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Steph T,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments.

Please kindly note that I will be investigating your comments further and addressing this with the appropriate management teams, please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

MSA Pitt Street
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment and loved our stay.
The views were just amazing
The rooms so spacious and clean
Location near Hyde Park, can walk to Darling Harbour and Circular Quay
Taxi at the door, Woolworths supermarket round the corner
Excellent value for money - will stay again

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a view and balcony - so impressive
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Susan L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with MSA Pitt Street.

I was delighted to read your comments and note that you enjoyed your stay. Our location certainly gives us a great advantage with all the wonderful sites, shops and cafes at arm’s reach. We look forward to your return and thank you again for your lovely feedback.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

....however, Housekeeping let it down.
I stayed here with my husband and daughter. On a positive note, very good value for money (we booked very early) - we had a 2 bedroomed apartment on a high floor. It was spacious, light and airy. The kitchen was well equipped and the bathroom had a shower and bath. Wonderful location and efficient reception staff. We were dissapointed with the lack of cleaning. We stayed 6 nights and I'm not convinced the place was cleaned during this time. The beds were made each day, the towels changed and the shampoo etc topped-up but that seemed to be about it. During our stay we had to get someone to remove a dead cockroach from the lounge. Another occasion the room hadnt been serviced when we returned at 4pm.
I would return, it was over Christmas that we stayed. Perhaps the workload was too much for the cleaning staff?

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a high floor!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pinkieminx
Dear Pinkiemix,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stat at MSA Pitt Street.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found it good value for money. Our apartments are well presented, spacious and have all the conveniences you do at home!

Please accept my apologies for the lack of cleaning services you have reported. Your feedback has been shared with the Housekeeping Manager and our procedures are being reviewed to ensure the standards are lifted to prevent such re-occurrences.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

MSA Pitt Street
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Be wary of going in and out of the carpark!!
Not sure whether i'm just the first person to make note of it or whether they just ignore it.. But the yellow painted part of the gutters that stand a ridiculous 40cm high are meant to be there as a warning that yuo're getting close to the wall and might scratch your car.. the idea if your wheel is meant to touch it.. instead it's that tall that it scrapes a huge part of your bumper.. I take responsibility that it was my fault, but this particular corner i scratched my car on had been scraped that many times by cars that alot of the yellow paint had been stripped off. And you can see it's the same story all the way up and down the car park, you can just see where so many cars have obviously been scratched because this thing is too tall.. They need to grind it down or something!
anyway...
I stayed here after staying at their Kent St and World Sq properties and wasn't impressed.. Especially when this is meant to be the newer classier one.. The rooms at kent st are so much more cheaper and nearly always have some sort of view whereas the apartments here are crammed, seemed a little run down and no view with a ledge that was meant to be a balcony..

I wouldn't bother staying here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Branden1990
Meriton M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Branden1990,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was disappointed to read your comments and apologise that you were not satisfied with your recent stay. It is unfortunate that your car was damaged during your stay. I will be investigating your comments further.

Due to the configuration and layout of our building, most of our studio and 1bedroom apartments are located on the lower floors. As we are located in the heart of the city and nestled amongst other high rise buildings, not all our rooms have skyline views. As you have kindly noted our MSA Kent Street property has availability in all room types throughout the entire building. Therefore, allowing more flexibility when allocating rooms on higher floors.

I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us and allow us to restore your faith in our business.

Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed with my parents and my sister on NYE 2012. Hotel had a prime location at Pitt street. It was just quick stroll to Circular Quay and other main tourist attractions. However this hotel came with a hefty price tag, several hundreds of dollars per night. Somehow this price is nowadays justified for NYE period, but still I can't really say we got a good deal...

Not the five star hotel it claims it is. Pool are didn't have changing rooms OR lockers. Sauna was broken the whole time we were there. And to crown this experience we found a cockroach in the living room. The night manager tried to belittle the problem. Upon being persintant on how they will take care of the problem, we were offered a chance of rooms (interesting, since one would think this hotel be booked full as it is NYE and all) and then when we declined the idea (who guarantees that next room is any better...), they said they will inspect and do full service on the room the next day. No compensation was offered. If I wasn't on holiday, I would have contacted a newspaper on juicy article that it seems that New York City is not the only place where the cockroach epidemia is problem...

After all the critique in the previous chapter I have to stay that otherwise the hotel was on par and great home away from home feel came with it. Well the view is better than home, but welll you get the point.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Meriton M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear negotiator83,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please firstly accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced whilst staying with us. It was unfortunate that our Sauna was out of order over the New Years Eve time frame. Regrettably whilst this may not help your particular situation, it is now in working order for guest use. Please kindly note that our swimming pool area has a male, female and disabled bathroom and shower facility. I have taken your comments on board in regards to lockers and may possibly look at implementing this facility.

Please do accept my apologies in regards to the cockroach you found in your living room. We do have strict pest control regime in place to eliminate activity where possible. Unfortunately when balcony doors or windows are left open, cockroaches can fly into the apartments from time to time. Again please accept my apologies for this.

I was pleased to see that you did enjoy your stay and overall found it a ‘great home away from home’ with a ‘better view’. We would like to extend our gratitude to you for taking your time and providing your feedback and hope to welcome you back one day.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

After arriving at the Meriton Serviced Apartments on Pitt Street it was a pleasant surprise as the property was in an excellent location. It's pretty much in the heart of the city which means it's extremely easy to walk around and find food or shopping in the nearby vicinity.

Choosing a '1 Bedroom Apartment' the size of the room was more than adequate and very well furnished with a relatively modern looking décor. You get free internet access as well as cable television which is handy if you need it. It's also got basic bathroom provisions but no toothbrush or toothpaste - but not to worry as there's a convenience store at the bottom of the property. While I didn't use it the kitchenette seemed very well stocked and the cutlery and utensils seemed very clean and well maintained.

My only gripe was the shower which was extremely weak and made bathing a less than pleasant experience. It's hard to know whether it's a design flaw or a problem with the specific room but the shower at the Meriton Pitt Street was arguably worse than those at the budget hotels chains throughout South-East Asia.

At the standard rates I'm not too sure whether the Meriton Pitt Street stands out - but if you're able to get a promotional rate for < $115 AUD for the 1 Bedroom Apartment then I think it's a steal!

Room Tip: It's not really a room tip - but the room service breakfasts offered by Macchiato are great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear YozYYZ –

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay at MSA Pitt Street.

It was lovely to read your comments and I note you were pleasantly surprised with our location and apartments facilities. Unlike most hotels in Sydney, Meriton Serviced Apartments now offer complimentary Wi-Fi internet access to our guests (1G per day) . We have received a high volume of positive feedback regarding this and we are proud to offer this service.

Please accept my apologies for the weak shower you reported. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can correct these issues. Please note that this information has been shared with our maintenance team.

YozYYZ, I would like to thank you once again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments in the future.