“Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Port-Vila, Efate, Vanuatu
“Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is the only place I choose to stay in the Sydney CBD. Rooms are fine and the rates are pretty good. Walk outside the front door, turn left and you are in Pitt St.....all the shopping at your fingertips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Pitt Street M, Front Office Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Kava D,

“Only place I choose to stay in Sydney” Wow – Thanks! Our return guests are of huge importance to us and we certainly appreciate your loyalty.

As you noted we have the perfect Sydney CBD location – all you need to do is walk out the front door and you’ve got everything at your fingertips!

Kava D thanks for your feedback, from the team at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I look forward to seeing you on your next return!

Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Do not stay here if you demand constant pandering. DO stay if you want a good standard of accommodation in Sydney CBD at a reasonable price. We are an older couple and we found a studio apartment to be more than adequate. A terrific king-size bed, good furniture, well maintained. Ideal place for a family to stay, in the larger apartments. We have stayed a total of four times, sharing between Pitt St and Kent St properties. Not far to good food or cook for yourself. We plan to continue to use Meriton because it is very quiet and excellent value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Norman M

Thanks for enlightening us and other travelers about your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street. It’s fantastic to read that you choose Meriton Serviced Apartments as your preferred accommodation provider, we certainty appreciate your loyalty.

As you mentioned, Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street provides fully equipped, over sized apartments in a perfect city location at very competitive rates. Whether your here for business or pleasure – Meriton Serviced Apartments has something for everyone! Norman M, thanks again for your feedback, from all the staff at Meriton Pitt Street I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed in a 2 Bedroom apartment. Well maintained and a very safe place to stay. Close to great shopping malls and even attractions like Darling Harbor and Sydney Opera House are not too far. Lots of restaurants and bars in the vicinity too. The only drawback is the check-out time of 10 am. Probably this can be increased to 12 pm since check-in does not start before 2pm. I would probably chose this place again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Pinaki P
Thank you for your lovely review.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and have made note of your comments. I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having stayed previously at very impressive Meriton World Tower, I thought I'd give the Pitt St location a try- big mistake.
The apartment was tiny, not at all like the photos on the website, the lifts bizarre (you have to go to the ground floor every time you get in) the curtains didn't block out the light so I was awake at 5.30am, and the balcony was locked due to "objects being thrown".
All up, definitely not worth the price paid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank MLBMelbourne
Dear MLBMelbourne,
Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback regarding your most recent stay.
I apologise that you were disappointed with various aspects of your stay and have taken your comments on board. Please be advised that our lifts are on secure system and therefore an access card is required at all times to access floors. Without this access card the only accessible floor is the ground floor, to enhance guest security where possible. I would like to also advise you that we have recently been able to allow balcony access, I apologise if this made a negative impact on your stay.
I do hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future and would like to thank you once again for your feedback.
Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, Management
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Thinking that is would to a great experience we booked the penthouse, for two nights.How wrong we were. We had to get the cleaners back 3 times to clean the balconies, one beadroom. The tv and Internet did not work. The only good point I would say was the views. When we checked out I told the reception how dirty the apartment was. The answer was that there had been a party there. I thought that there was a no policy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank jlwAustralia
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear JWLAustralia,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you reported. I note that you stayed with us in November 2011 (over a year ago) and can see that our staff reimbursed you for the reported issues during your stay. Over the last year we have been focusing heavily on the services we provide to ensure occurrences as such do not arise. We appreciate all feedback as it continually allows us to develop and grow as a leading accommodation provider. You are most certainly correct in saying that we have a No Party and Excessive Noise Policy, however as this experience was over a year ago it is difficult for me to investigate this matter further.

JWLAustralia, I was sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your stay; however should you choose to return to the area in future, I do hope you will give Meriton Serviced Apartments another chance to make the positive impression that we are well recognised for.

We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.

Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in a 3-bedroom apartment for 4 nights. The space was adequate, completely-equipped, clean and tastefully furnished. Front desk staff were crisp and busy. The night guard was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for its location which is walking distance to shopping, sights and transport. I also found the bed very comfortable and slept very well each night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Pitt Street M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Armagutz,
I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street. As you have mentioned our location is within a hop, skip and a jump to shopping, sites and transport, not to mention all the beautiful sites our city has to offer. After a long day exploring Sydney a comfortable bed is always a plus. Great to read that you slept well. Please be advised that your comments in regards to our front desk team and security officer have been passed on and they were appreciative of your kind words.
Thank you once again for your time and we hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The apartments were easy to find. I took a short metro ride to the Town Hall Station. I checked-in around 2PM and the room was not ready yet. They said they'd store my luggage and will call me once the room is available. That was probably the only complain I have because I did not get that call. I came back an hour and a half later after walking around the park and the shopping areas.

I booked a one bedroom apartment and was surprised how roomy and comfy the unit was. I was in the 37th floor and had a nice view of the city. The washer and dryer came in handy. It has a huge LCD TV with pretty decent channel selection. The kitchen was well equipped and I hoped I could have stayed ;longer as I wasn't able to utilize the kitchen much.

Overall, this place is well recommended especially to you folks planning on long stays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear borzman,
Thank you for taking your time in providing your experiences with fellow travellers.
I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and made use of our over-sized and well equipped apartments. Please accept my apologies that your apartment was not ready by 2pm. Please kindly note that as a result of your feedback I have personally spoken to my front desk team to ensure all guests are called where possible when waiting for their apartments.
Thank you once again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments in the near future.