“Terrific position, modern and spacious”

Meriton Suites World Tower
Ranked #5 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Victoria Australia
“Terrific position, modern and spacious”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our group of 4 ladies stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. We had requested high up and got the 66th floor. Lovely views - not the opera house or bridge however we could see the waterways with ships, yachts etc. It was delightful. A terrific sitting area overlooking the waterways along with a comfortable lounge area. The apartment was spacious and very clean. Lovely bathrooms x 2. The lifts were very quick too.
Couple of slight issues. The TV in the bedroom did not work - but we did not worry as we were out and about anyway. Also the pool had a very strong chemical smell - to the point that it made my eyes very very sore (I did not put my head under the water so it was the fumes that caused it)
There is a shopping centre underneath that houses lots of shops along with a supermarket and bottle shop.
We would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: We requested a room on a high floor. This did give some water views which were lovely - also looked...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Doodstar
World Tower M, Manager at Meriton Suites World Tower, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Doodstar,

Thank you greatly for your detailed review. I am glad that you and your group had a fantastic stay with us. Yes we do not have a view of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge, however the views that our apartments offers are as you mentioned very lovely and stunning.

Each apartment has been spaciously designed with quality fittings. A serviced apartment represents greater value for money and a better place to stay compared to traditional small hotel rooms.

Once again we thank you for your fabulous review, and we hope to see you again with us in the near future.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here for business a few times, and what a great view! The apartment is modern, spacious and clean. It was in a great location for a few nights out. The staff were helpful and friendly. I will be back here for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear A T

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy the incredible view from our spacious apartments

As an accommodation provider our aim is to ensure that all guests have the most comfortable and enjoyable stay possible. Our apartments are well appointed and conveniently which makes it easy to walk to restaurants and department stores in the area.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Cant rate this place highly enough. Great staff, apartment and location. Plus good value for money. When we arrived at the Meriton World Tower our spirits were low as qantas had managed to lose our luggage and this was a birthday celebration trip for my dad but the lady on reception really turned our holiday around! She was so polite and went the extra mile for us by allocating us an apartment on the 75th floor and upgrading us from a two to a three bed apartment!! The views were breath taking and the apartment was spacious and very well appointed. Location wise you can't beat it, it's a 5/10 min walk to darling harbour and the free 555 bus service to circular quay is just across the street. It's very close to china town and the mono rail stops right outside too. Great pool and gym facilities also on the 61st floor with fantastic views again. We had the best time in Sydney and would DEF stay at meriton again. (and our luggage turned up too!)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Stooley
Dear Stooley

Thank you greatly for your fabulous review. It is rewarding to hear such positive feedback especially if its in regards to our staff. Here at Meriton World Tower we take pride in our customer service and make sure each and every guest have a pleasant stay.

I am glad you enjoyed our amazing views , our facilities like the swimming pool and as mentioned by yourself, our central location is certainly very convenient to meet all guests needs. We are close to all main attractions, shops and restaurants.

We thank you for staying with us at Meriton World Tower and we look forward to welcoming you again soon at any of our 11 locations.

Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Couldn't say more for this hotel. We stayed in the penthouse which was spacious and the views went forever, floor to ceiling glass all round, we requested a corner room and they provided it and it was worth every cent, if you want awesome views and space stop at this hotel, and there's a shopping centre downstairs which come in very handy.

Tip, Book in advance and a penthouse room only costs $500 a night.

Room Tip: Penthouse and get a corner room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ruddsy

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our apartments and for posting your recent experience with us online. It is rewarding to read such a positive review from a senior contributor on tripadvisor.

Our Penthouses here at Meriton World Tower are definitely our most popular when your looking for accommodation with space and a view. These over-sized penthouse apartments offer 180-degree views of Sydney and beyond from Sydney's tallest residential building.Its great to read that we have met your requests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Meriton World Tower. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

SW London
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here in the school holidays for 5 nights as a family of 4 (kids age 6 & 3). We chose World Tower based on the Trip Advisor reviews and decided to spend the extra compared to nearby Meriton apartments. Our 2 bed apartment on the 70th floor was huge with amazing views. It was beautifully appointed with everything we needed. We just had 2 issues with equipment which were solved immediately and very professionally. The daily servicing was wonderful, we always returned after a day’s sightseeing to the apartment looking perfect, with everything replenished. This is a much better and cost effective solution for our family than squeezing into a hotel room. If you wish you can have room service for breakfast, many of the restaurants deliver here. There is no need to eat out when you have such wonderful views from the covered balcony.
The location is ideal, a short walk to Darling Harbour and the shopping centre is underneath with Coles open until midnight ! You can catch the free bus, 555, just round the corner to Circular Quay (limited hours) and the monorail is right there. Everything is literally on your doorstep. We used the car park and never had a problem getting a space, navigation to it is a bit more difficult ! We found the front desk staff to be as good as any hotel, friendly and helpful. Pool and gym on the 61st floor, very good with amazing views of course.
We can’t say enough good things about these apartments and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
World Tower M, Manager at Meriton Suites World Tower, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear holsmum,

Thank you greatly for the amazing review. I am so delighted to read that you and your family had enjoyed your recent stay with us at Meriton World Tower.

Our housekeeping team were very happy to read your comments and pleased to hear that you were fully satisfied with their room services.

Our highly recommended local restaurants room service to your apartment door. Please check your in room compendium located on your desk for menus and operational hours.

As an accommodation provider our aim is to ensure that all guests have the most comfortable and enjoyable stay possible. Our apartments are well appointed and conveniently .which makes it easy to walk to restaurants and department stores in the area.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us at Meriton World Tower and we look forward to welcome you again in the near Future.

Sydney Central
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was my granddaughter 's wedding and my family stayed here as I had been there before.On themorning of the wedding we were called at 4.45am woken out of a deep sleep only to be told my son was down stairs.I got dressed in a hurry went down and was told by security that he was gone.I went out on the street no one there and came back in. OOPs SORROY a
mistake only a drunken BUM in the foyer. My son was still asleep in his room. I asked for an
apology and the next day at check out this was not the case.It appeared that there was no
mention of this mishap.The manager them apologised to me and said we will not charge for the parking. This was never my case in point. At my age I don't need shocks like that & I wanted assurance that this would not happen again to anyone else. I left with no confidence that this would not happen again to others. Would I stay here again NO No No and believe me I can afford to stay where I like. I feel sure my concerns will not be noted but I had to write them anyway. Hon.,Janice Crosio AM M.B.E. Cav.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

2 Thank Janice C
World Tower M, Manager at Meriton Suites World Tower, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Janice C,

Thank you for your recent review. Firstly I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us at Meriton World Tower.

I was shocked and embarassed to read your comments regarding our security service. This is defiantly not the service that we pride ourselves on.

I have personally spoken to the security guard involved, who advised me that he was informed by the gentlemen at the counter, that he is staying in your room and he wants to get access, however security refused to give him any access to the room as the guest was drunk and his name was not in the system,however the gentlemen insisted to contact your room stating that he was your son.

I am satisfied that the Security Officer followed Meriton's policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of all our guests by not giving access to the gentleman at the counter and called your room instead. I also apologise on his behalf for the discomfort and the interruptions you have received during your stay.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. I hope the information I have provided has helped to bring clarity to the situation and that this incident has not left you with a negative feeling towards Meriton Serviced Apartments.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Meriton World Tower in the near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We rented a 2 bedroom apt and got upgraded to a 3 bedroom apt on the 63rd floor looking out over Darling Harbour. Two things in particular we loved about this place:
1) The space (separate bedrooms, full kitchen and lounge/dining) that you just don't get in a typical hotel room at the same price in Sydney
2) The location - close to the museum train station which has the line from the airport and takes you straight to circular quay, close to the monorail to get around local shopping places and Darling Harbour, close to the bus stops on George street to take you to urban Sydney. The supermarket + bottle shop in the basement is very convenient. World Square itself is not a full shopping mall but has a collection of eating places as well as a few stores.
Two things that were not so great:
1) The poor water pressure - both showers and the spa bath (which took forever to fill)
2) The limited use of elevators - because of internal work some of the lifts were not available during the day and so you could be waiting 15 minutes at peak time to get a lift (most of the time it was closer to 3 - 5 minutes)

Room Tip: All higher end accommodation options in Sydney are expensive - this apartment option is most cost ef...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank A P
Dear A P

We thank you for your recent stay with us at Meriton World Tower. I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay in our spacious apartments. I am also glad to hear that you found our location very convenient and accommodate all your needs.

Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the delays with the lift service. Let me assure you that this is not a common issue at Meriton World Tower, however during your stay with us we were updating our lifts for the safety and security of all guests. This project is now completed and all the lifts are back online and in excellent order.

Your comment regarding our water pressure has been passed into our housekeeping and maintenance manager and asked for an immediate investigation. This issue should have been fixed prior to your arrival. I have brought this to the attention of all the maintenance and housekeeping staff.

Once again we thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Meriton Serviced Apartment Management.