“ok just”

Mariners Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 57 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Staying here booked 2 rooms with some friends from Sweden-Hotel it is self is need of a tidy up-rooms old-Breakfast first class-great spot to see Sydney cbd from-overall you get what you pay for-wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

A group of friends booked this Motel for us as we had a function to go to close by. I wasnt sure what to expect n had my doubts about the Motel n its location.
Well I can tell you I was pleasantly surprised! It doesnt look like much from the outside n the inside isnt anything too fancy, but I enjoyed my stay.
The rooms are not 5 star, but are clean an have amenities. I shared my room with a friend n we had a small fridge, tea/coffee facilities, TV large wardrobe. The bathroom was older in appearance, but clean n had toiletries and tissues which I liked. I also liked the fact that u were givena face cloth as well as a large white bath towel. The room was big enough for 2 people but that is all. Unfortunately they would not bring a foldaway bed into our room for our friend so we had to have an extra room.
Breakfast was included in the price and was very nice. There wasnt a huge variety but enough of a good section for breakfast. Eg. Eggs, bacon, baked beans, toast, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, coffee, juices n spreads.
The location is in Wooloomooloo, it is close to some small pubs n restaurants n not far from Kings Cross. Its a little far to walk into town n enjoy the sightseeing that Sydney has to offer, but it would be a short bus trip/taxi into town. Our group drove n we booked an underground parking spot at the Motel for an extra $20 which is very reasonable.
For the price. I would definitely recommend this hotel n I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Mariners Court needs a great deal of renovation. Our bathroom , while adequate, had areas of rust, the bedroom, particularly the carpet, needed a very good clean, the balcony was practically non-existent and the immediate area outside this hotel was less than appealing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bard1e
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Mariners Court hotel. The rooms are big enough for what you pay. It is convenient that there are washers and dryers on every floor.
Big plus is the fast internet and the great continental breakfast, and let not forget the location near CBD and Kings Cross.
Would come back en defitnly recommended for the budget minded traveler who wants comfort.
Only feedback i would have is that they could vacume clean the room every day. We noticed that since we stayed 6 days.
Also sympathetic owners!

1  Thank Justin-case-nl
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I chose this hotel because of price and it's easy to walk to the Art Gallery, Botanic Gardens and the city. I wasn't disappointed. The room contained all the mod cons including free wifi. The included breakfast was enjoyable and the staff pleasant and helpful. If needed, I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Meg S
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel was excellent! The lady who checked us in was lovely and handed us a printout of information about the local area (directions to get to other places, information on the local area and on the hotel itself). This was super helpful :).

Our room was spotlessly clean and well equipped (the biscuits, tea and coffee were especially welcome!). Breakfast was delicious and the chef was also really nice, making an effort to talk to guests.

The only "problem" we had (which wasn't even a problem) was that we thought the room doors couldn't be locked at first. It turns out that if the door is shut, they're locked from the outside. So if you're staying there, don't worry about that!

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Sydney and not pay crazy prices. All of the staff my friend and I encountered were extremely nice, the hotel is in a quiet location and within walking distance of public transport and tourist attractions, and the rooms were great.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Renee R
Reviewed May 3, 2014

1.internet is free, but useless it consistently dropped 2. Location in a bad neighbor it's scary to walk outside in the night plus not convient to the airport 3 elevator was broken 4 breakfast everyday is same , the guy works at breakfast room is obnoxious he doesn't give a damn about other countries! I want to share my horrible experience here, he keep asks me where am I from during I stay finally I told him from La then he said oh America TERRIBLE and HORRIBLE country very dangerous grubby etc he speaks in a very loud way in front of all the guest in the breakfast room which totally make me insult! He hates america he said australia is the BEST! So if you are not from Australia especially you are american pls do not choose this hotel why we spend money on someone hate us? I will tell my experience to all my friends and people I know who are going to visit Sydney to avoid this hotel !

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Michelleinla0427
marinerscourt, General Manager at Mariners Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

I would like to respond to this review. FREE INTERNET YES FREE INTERNET in all rooms. The internet works fine but just like any place the weather plays a part and it was very stormy. To say we are in a bad area is not right. Woolloomooloo is a popular restaurant area with many good hotels and cafes. Our street may be 100 metres behind the main area but I have never heard of any guest having any trouble in the 3 years i have been here.
Im sorry we are not close to the airport but you choose to stay in woolloomooloo not us. The elevator was not in use for 2 hours YES but im sorry dont the hotels where you come from do repairs on their elevators?
Breakfast wow it was the same for the 2 days this guest was here . AND BREAKFAST IS FREE YES FREE
AND TO THE RACIST THING YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING THE STAFF MEMBER YOU HAVE TALKED ABOUT IS EXTREMELY FUNNY POPULAR HARD WORKING AND BY THE WAY IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE KOREAN DECENT HE HAS WORKED HERE FOR 11 YEARS AND NOT I REPEAT NOT A RACIST Our hotel has had thousands of americans stay with us over many years and never have we heard such rubbish from any one of them but you.
Remember we are a 3.5 star hard working business not a 5 or 6 star which you seem to have expected . We welcome all nationalities with open arms and always will.
Craig