“A face lift gives new character to an old favourite”

Mariners Court Hotel
Ranked #8 of 61 Sydney B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“A face lift gives new character to an old favourite”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have been staying at this centrally located hotel for many years. Our most recent stay revealed a transformed "old lady" of Woolloomooloo. The hotel has been repainted in quite charming creams and the refurbishment is very pleasing. The management team told us they are also in the process of updating some room fittings and bathroom amenities.

Breakfast has also changed from a very substantial continental breakfast to include hot selections - bacon, scrambled egg, baked beans. We enjoyed the change (at the expense of our waist lines!) and it is included in the room cost.

We have always chosen Mariners Court when in Sydney for its central location, its pricing structure and its entire smoke free policy within the hotel. The recent changes add to our experience but have not increased the price.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony or a court yard - take your pick.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chook1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
gold coast
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed at the Mariners Court on 5th October. Travelling by myself and lost my iphone. The Management couple of this hotel were just wonderful, went to so much trouble helping me (at no cost).They were really caring which means a lot to me,they even gave me their number in case I got into trouble wandering about Sydney at night. I have stayed in numerous 5 star properties which are beautiful but cold and uninteresting and they only care about how much money they can get from you. This small hotel is close to the city, it is comfy and charming. The breakfast in the morning is a great extra and the chance to talk to other travellers at breakfast was very enjoyable. It was very resonable, loved the fresh air from my balcony and even had biscuits for my evening cup of tea. Thank you ...I will be back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank karen b
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had booked my mother into Mariner's Court in Sept, during her time in Sydney she had lost her mobile phone and was unable to access flight details and we were unable to contact her.

The staff at Mariner's Court went above and beyond to help my mother by providing their personal number to call in case she needed any help after hours, to personally ensure my telephone messages were delivered and emails passed on.

They were so kind and considerate! I would be more than happy to book myself or family into Mariners Court in the future.

Thank you everyone!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelBug86_04
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked a room for 3 nights stay through the hotels website, unfortunately I had to cancel this. I cancelled via the phone in good time via the phone and was told I would not get a cancellation fee. I then had the full amount for the stay debited from my account. Staff were slow at following this up and getting back to me. When I finally got a refund I had still had one nights stay taken from me. Very disappointing!

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank laurawhiteho
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were only here for one day/night before traveling on to Tonga and it was our first time in Sydney. Craig, the manager, was a treat and helped us figure out what to see/do in the short amount of time we had. The hotel is within walking distance of the harbor, the Botanic Gardens and terrific views of the Opera House. Harry's Cafe de Wheels is just around the corner as well as a friendly little tavern. The hotel has a handout that provides lots of tips about how to get around Sydney and things to do while in town. We will return someday for a longer stay and would definitely consider staying at Mariners Court again.While the included breakfast was pretty good, the two Espresso/Cappuccino/Latte machines are temperamental and, though we received several lessons from the staff, we never quite got the hang of it :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
wolverhampton uk
Reviewed August 27, 2013

really well located for getting to the sights of Sydney, short picturesque walk to the opera house etc. budget price for clean comfortable room and amenities. friendly helpful staff, free breakfast and wi-fi, would love to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank valigee
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed for 7 days and it was a real value for our money - free breakfast, daily housekeeping, access to transport, and more. This area of Woolloomooloo is very quiet, very close to Cowper's Wharf, 15 minutes walk to the Royal Botanical Garden, 10 minutes walk to bustling King's Cross. The famous Harry's Café de Wheels is just few blocks away! We arrived late in the evening and the room was ready for us. Bed is comfy, heater is working well, shower/ toilet is clean, room a bit small but OK, they replenish the tea/coffee facility everytime (i love the biscuits!), lots of electric plugs (big thing for us). The breakfast is OK: scrambled eggs, bacon, beans, yoghurt, cereals, sliced bread (same menu everyday - well, it's free anyways!). The staff are friendly and accommodating. If I ever visit Sydney again, will definitely stay here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple