“Has potential, but at the moment its overpriced and poorly run”
Review of Bridge St Garage - CLOSED

Bridge St Garage
Cuisines: American, Argentinean, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Located in the heart of Sydney's bustling Financial district, and only a short stroll from Circular Quay, Bridge St Garage Diner & Deli is a popular American hangout space for the coolest Sydney-siders. Delivering more than just affordable, moreish soul-food, it's a place where foodies can retreat from the hubbub of the city and get down with a seriously good burger, organic grass-fed steak or cocktail. Head Chef Oscar Gorosito's unique dining concept infuses Central American food favourites with Argentinian flair. Your food cravings will be serviced by the finest charcoal grilled meats, flavour-packed gourmet burgers, slow cooked melt-in-your-mouth brisket, New York style sandwiches and charcuterie boards from the deli, all finished off with an authentic American dessert. With the main bar entrance fronting Bridge Street, this quirky dining experience is guaranteed to get hearts pumping from the get go. Bridge St Garage is a dining experience that is not to be missed, offering affordable soul food accompanied by the best local craft beers, South American and Australian wines and cocktails to die for! Start your engines and get down to the Garage.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went there for a birthday on Friday night. The place is bustling and the fit-out is great, with a real 50's greaser feel. Menu is fresh, unhealthy but fun, ie I wanted something healthy so I went with the green beans side - cooked in maple syrup and bacon!

Anyway, the drinks were slow to come out, even though they had a dedicated waiter. And when my $40 dollar steak came out, it was the wrong one. There are two steaks on the menu, a 350g with onion rings and a 250g with beans. I said to the waiter, "hey I think you brought out someone else's steak, I ordered the other" and the waiter responds "there's only one steak on the menu"! I showed the waiter the menu and they'd just got the order wrong. He tried to cover by saying that it was all the same cut anyway and that he'd get me a side of beans.

The buffalo wings, which you expect to be standard at an americano place, were rubbish too - tasted like they were boiled.

It was just amateurish and when you pay $40 for a main and the rest, you expect them to execute. Maybe its just teething problems, and hopefully they can get it sorted and realise the potential, but I can't recommend the place right now.

2  Thank MrBrant

Reviewed September 20, 2013

So disappointing! Booked and didn't even stay for more than one drink because of how rude the manager was... I got there early as work is across the street and got extreme attitude from Ross, the Manager that they were full and I better get the last stool by the bar fast, whilst I confirm who the booking was under. We booked for 10 at 630pm and ended up having 12 people. We understand the issues that this can cause and we apologised for this on the night....but instead of communicating this and giving us options, stagger our orders so kitchen not overwhelmed; giving us the set menu, leaving.. We received TWO lectures about how they are a business and that there to make money and we will sit on the table drinking and they wouldn't turn over the table... It went on and on.... First of all it was 7pm, the restaurant was empty, we were about to order food as five of us were heading to a gig..secondly as I explained to Ross, the manager, it wasn't the message, it was the way it was communicated so aggressively and with such attitude. We said that we were considering leaving, he said good, I am considering asking you to leave.. So we did! We didn't cause a fuss and we were certainly not rude or drunk (as we only managed to get served one drink). I've lived in nyc, london and dubai and it's the worse customer service my friends and I have ever experienced. It's an American bar & restaurant, on trend but 6+months after similar places have opened in Surry hills and Newtown.. Can't comment on the food but given this was the attitude of the manager, which is no doubt modelled on the GM, it doesn't give much hope for the rest of the staff.. Teething problems you can understand but not attitude and rudeness of staff..

1  Thank Kemite
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This restaurant will be popular as it is the CBD, it has many things going for it, apart from the service which is chaotic, I have been here three times now.

The Cuttle basket Fish starter, Guacamole W Corn Chips and the King Prawn on Radicchio salad were all prefect.

There are many variety of Burgers, I found the burgers of poor taste and undercooked each time, however the ribs and steaks and Fish Tacho's are excellent.

Sides of Onion rings and Potato wedges and Mississippi green beans are tasty

Did not have a dessert, so have no comment.

All in all not too bad, for two around $100 without wine. However could easily lose its panache due to a change in chief or compliancy.

Will return.