“Excellent quality and value”

William Blue Dining
Ranked #23 of 7,381 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

Cooked and served by hospitality students. The food was excellent- kingfish cerviche, beetroot salad, chicken and salmon/risotto. All very well priced to reflect that you are part of the training programme!
Service was patchy and requests for advice on wine met with panic but it was only the third service the team had done together.
Gave more detail feedback to Professor on check out.
To be commended, great job by all

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 3, 2019

Maybe we were just unlucky but I thought this was one of the worst restaurants we have ever had the misfortune of eating in. The food was bland and tasteless. Other diners were making complaints about the food and delays too.
I could never recommend this restaurant. I know it’s a training school but even taking this into account and being kind giving it 2*

Reviewed April 1, 2019

I have been fortunate to have been able to eat any many a good restaurant all over the world and I have to say that what you get at William Blue is extraordinary for the price, or indeed any price. I have been there on a dozen or so occasions and have never had a “Bad Meal”. The quality of the food, the cooking of, and the presentation is suburb, and as I say, if you take the cost into consideration it has to rank amongst the Best. The “Executive” chef Neil Perry obviously runs a tight brigade, and they do a brilliant job. I always say, if you don’t need to use Salt and Pepper your on to a good thing, seasoning food correctly is one of the most important steps and also one of the hardest to master. The wait staff may at times seem a little unsure and Nervous, but who wouldn’t, they are new to the industry, a good waiter is a very skilled job and takes time to master, these young ladies and gents are at the start of their careers and under the direction of the Two “restaurant managers”, will I’m sure go on to prove themselves very capable given time.
In a nutshell, If I’m In Sydney, this is where I will go and eat!! Brilliant (and I don’t often say that as I’m a fussy so and so !)

Richard Gill (UK)

Reviewed March 30, 2019

I had been wanting to try William Blue Dining since walking past about 12 months ago and finally had the opportunity last night. The restaurant is fabulously located and well presented.

The menu was appealing and didn't have any weird things on it like one finds in many top notch restaurants. Our meals were modern and beautifully presented with lovely fresh ingredients. The serves were very generous and we left feeling very satisfied.

Diners need to be mindful that this is a training facility and, as such, the waiters and kitchen staff are learning under the watchful eye and guidance of industry professionals. The service we received was enthusiastic, professional and friendly, albeit a little nervous. The service wasn't stuffy like many other establishments with white table cloths adorning their tables.

I will definitely be back and will be introducing many friends and family to the restaurant. If you are on a budget and want an elegant meal out, it is worth the trip in to town to visit this restaurant, just make sure you book in advance.

Reviewed March 29, 2019

This place offers "fine dining" which is subsidised as it's part of a hospitality school. As you'd expect, service was very enthusiastic and food was pretty good. Worth booking a table if you're staying close to the Rocks - but not worth travelling across Sydney to eat here.