“Highly recommended”

Sydney Pub Tours
Ranked #2 of 238 Nightlife in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sydney Pub Tours takes adults to some of the oldest and most charismatic heritage pubs in Sydney's historic 'The Rocks' precinct. With dinner and drinks all included, you'll be introduced to quality Australian craft beers from local breweries. You'll have the opportunity to try kangaroo or crocodile meat, and you'll venture deep into the heart of Australian Pub Culture as you explore secret lane-ways and hidden gems known only to the locals. Join us for a night on the tiles to see, hear, touch and taste Australia's history.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Myself, my wife and two friends from the United States went on this tour while we were visiting Sydney and staying in The Rocks area. If you are visiting Sydney and have the time, this tour is not to be missed...sorry, let me correct that. Make the time for this tour, because it is a blast. There is a bit of history that goes along with the tour, and one particular running gag that has a very good payoff later in the tour regarding some of the drinking history of Australia. Gaz was a phenomenal tour guide, and again, you should do yourself a favor and go on one of these pub tours.

2 Thank Josh L

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to tour Sydney”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We did this tour as part of our honeymoon trip and it was well worth it! Great way to taste great beers, hear wonderful stories and history, and learn about a historic part of Sydney. Price is well worth it and Gaz, our guide (and I believe the company's owner if I remember correctly) was thoroughly entertaining. Highly recommend this as an option when traveling to Sydney.

1 Thank CMCSD98
Sydney, Australia
“Sydneysiders love Rocks pub tour”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have lived in Sydney most of my life and have had the occasional beer in some of the pubs that we visited on this tour, but the evening we spent with Gaz as our guide was special. My wife and I have been on many tours throughout the world, and this one rates with the best of them! Easy walking, great beers and fabulous pizza mixed in with the local knowledge and excellent company that Gaz provided, made for a memorable night. If you are not a beer drinker, wine or soft drink is available. There is so much history we did not know about this little part of our own city and I thoroughly recommend this tour to tourists and locals alike.

Sarina, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sydney Pub Tours”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were part of a small tour group on 12/05/2014. This was very personal and family orientated. Gaz is an excellent tour guide and there wasn't much that he didn't know about the Rocks Pubs. He kept our night full of information and entertainment. We kept us all enthralled with his jokes and anecdotes of our history. My wife and I would not hesitate to recommend Gaz and his tour to young and old alike as there is something for everyone to enjoy and experience. Well done Gaz and hope we meet again. Brian and Marj.
PS. All meals and drinks were included.

Aspen, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best tour in Sydney”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a great tour, interesting and fun. It's great value for money, lots of great Aussie beers and yummy pizzas! You learn about the Rocks district as well as Aussie culture...it's not boring history stuff at all, you will be truly interested in every topic. Great balance of walking, talking, and drinking. They even take pictures of the group throughout the night and post on their Facebook page. Went with my mom and brother, good for family or friends, of course all of age. Thanks Gaz for a great night! Best activity we did in Sydney!