“Neat cafe”

Cuisines: Cafe
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had a lovely brunch here and it has such a great atmosphere and really good music from back in the day. The chocolate milkshake was a real highlight, and the food was great. Service very friendly

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Trendy industrial decor but enlivened with collages of 70s/80s music posters and murals. Food choices were limited but something for everyone, and my request for an alteration was delivered without a fuss. The chopping board 'plate' suited the meal which arrived without delay.
Friendly staff, pleasant breeze, nice atmosphere and not too large so we were spared the roar of conversation and traffic that makes other places less inviting.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Called in here for brunch with my wife and daughter who lives nearby. We sat outside at a good large table. Instant smiley waitress came to greet us with some water and asked if we would like some coffee to start. We would ! Flat whites all round. Absolutely perfect coffee. I had the Sucuk and baked eggs dish, and the others had poached eggs with avo and a bacon and egg roll respectively. All perfect. Good size portions cheerfully and promptly served. They had a water bowl outside for our neighbours dog. Nice touch. The toilet had an interesting explanation about the unusual name of the place and some funky musical bits and pieces. A great place for an informal drink or meal. Exactly what a neighbourhood cafe should be. 10/10.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

In busy Surry Hills there are waaaaaay too many places for a good light meal and coffee. Yet with all this competition Cowbell 808 gets it right. Food is fresh with good sized serves and lots of good cold drinks if you do not fancy a coffee. I stop in each month when I'm in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I like this place to meet friends, it's small, but the service is good, and so is the coffee, Imust admit I like to look at the way they decorated this cafe