“Great food, great cocktails, great service!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Fusion, Australian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Canberra, Australia
“Great food, great cocktails, great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stumbled across Aquaviva's on our last visit to Sydney and we were blown away. From the moment we arrived the service was excellent, we were a little bit early so we were seated in the outside garden area where we had some cocktails and the start of our chef's tasting banquet.

Each of the courses were very modern and experimental but all worked together so well, including the tomatoes 4-6 ways (I can't remember exactly ). The stand out dish for us was the house smoked trout which was referred to as "Underwater Weapons".

Will definitely visit again the next time I am over that way.

Antwerp, Belgium
“Sharing is caring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Last night I went to aquavivas and I must say I love the concept of sharing the food you order! We both had a cocktail, a caipiroska and a peach mojito, both were very tasty and strong! We ordered the scallops, which were a first for me since I never had scallops before! They were simply amazing! All of the food was really, we also had the chicken with the couscous salad and the kangaroo! They bring it out and you get another plate so everything can be shared, which is very nice cause I'm terrible at deciding what to eat and this gave me the opportunity to try a couple of things!

Nambour, Australia
“Wonderful food great service and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Went here last weekend with our son who had visited previously with rave reviews from his first visit. Was not disappointed. The food is original and the tasting plates were interesting and of a quality that was equal to many much more expensive restaurants. The staff are efficient , friendly and knowledgable about the food . The service was exceptionally good.
We had the chefs tasting and I have to say the tomato dish was exceptional and I had no idea squash could taste so good. I have already recommended this restaurant to our B and B hosts and to my colleagues and will continue to do so as I would love to keep going back every time I visit Sydney! The cost per person at this restaurant will leave you wondering how they do it for the price!!!

Australia
“What a find !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Six of us ate here after a show on Saturday evening. From start to finish the experience was superb ! The service was professional and very informative. The food was delicious...creative, modern, and very good value.One of the best meals we have had in Sydney...and we all eat out a bit ! I had a special dietary request which the chef managed amazingly for me. Each dish was specially prepared and absolutely delicious. We will return as soon as we can.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Delightful informative dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

A huge thank u 2 the guys at Aquaviva!! A most informative & delightful dining experience!!
Will DEFINITELY go again!! Yummy!!