“Very central CBD, prefer historic buildings”
Review of Theatre Royal

Ranked #236 of 472 things to do in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Very central CBD, prefer historic buildings”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recenty took my mum visiting from the UK here to see Driving Miss Daisy midweek at lunchtime.

Didn't drive in so can't comment on any parking ease or otherwise. The theatre is clean, modern, functional and has good acoustics so it does the job. It is smaller than some and we had reasonably good seats.

The logistics of the experience were seamless (entry, exit, bathrooms etc) which were impressive given it was a full house for this matinee performance.

The only comment on the minus side for me is that I love experiencing theatre in a historic setting such as the State and Capitol Theatres.

Visited April 2013

Wollongong, Australia
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Perfect size”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I saw many shows here years ago but hadn't been in ages. I recently saw Cat on a Hot Tin Roof here and was reminded what a great theatre it is. It's not a very big theatre, so even if you end up with seats towards the back of the stalls you still have a fantastic view.
Head downstairs to the bar if you're looking for a pre-show drink!

Visited April 2013