“Loved It! A Definite for Bike Riders”
Review of Livelo

Livelo
Ranked #109 of 242 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Livelo - High Performance Road Bikes for rental + Group Rides and Guided Tours. We provide out guests with high quality cycling experiences, premium bikes and equipment and unique insights into our cites. Your bike will be setup for you, ready to ride with all accessories and seat and bar adjustments. We provide free delivery to Sydney CBD hotels with delivery to other locations available at a small surcharge.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Loved It! A Definite for Bike Riders”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Last December, my son and I visited Sydney from Chicago. He was looking to get some outside training in Sydney, and I was looking to rent a race bike to participate in the Canberra 70.3.

After some digging around, we found Livelo and contacted Peter to make some bookings. Right from the get-go, he was thoughtful and highly responsive. I had a ton of questions, and sent Peter numerous emails - he responded to every email within 24 hours which was highly re-assuring when you are trying to make reservations from another country.

For my son, Peter recommended some training rides around Sydney which were both scenic and challenging. We met at the store and the bikes were ready. Every thing was so easy. Peter came along with us and provided a great commentary of some of the local area attractions. I have visited (and stayed) in Sydney multiple times but have never seen it from this perspective. A must do if you are looking for something different.

For myself, I had arranged to rent a bike from Livelo to do the Canberra Half Ironman. The bike selection was great - several different styles to choose ranging from Bianchi to Cannondale. Peter ensured that I had everything I needed, right down to water bottles - which was great as it was one less thing I needed to pack. He transported the bike down to Canberra and was at the race course right on time - and then again waiting for after the race.

Livelo is a great company - great products, affordable pricing and fantastic service. We will definitely be returning on future visits. Thanks Peter for a great time.

1 Thank Simon N

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Road bike hire Melbourne”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I hired a road bike from Peter Barnes of Livelo last weekend. I took it up to Hotham and climbed that beast of a mountain after 100ks in the legs.
The bike I hired was the Cannondale Super Six Evo. My only complaint was that It didn't have a compact crankset. I'd recommend it for Hotham.
But I wish to comment on the seamless service I received from Peter. He was friendly and approachable on the phone and even went to the trouble of having the bike shop put a 27 teeth cassette swapped on to the bike for me before I collected it. The bike also came with lights and bottles and spares, including tools. I was blown away by the service.
It meant that coming from Perth I didn't have to check in luggage.
Collection/drop off from Cycles Galleria in the QV building was very easy.
Needless to say I doubt I'll bring my own bike again.
Thanks again Peter
Regards
Joel, Perth WA

Visited March 2014
London
“Flawless and unique service”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I've been in Sydney for a month and I wish I'd gotten round to paying Livelo a visit earlier. Most cities have their fair share of bike hire places, but Livelo is one of the few I've seen that will let you hire a decent road bike and not just a glorified tank. Booking and set up was no fuss at all and I set off with full bidons and a Garmin with my route already planned out and pre-loaded. I did the Watson Bay route in the sun and the guys let me keep the bike for a full 24 hours which let me get out for a short jaunt first thing the next morning for some breakfast. I couldn't have asked for a better or more hassle-free service.

Berlin, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“LOVE LIVELO”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I just took the brand spanking new Urbanista tour with Livelo. Absolutely loved it. Unlike the cheesy tours I've taken before, this one was obviously created by people who know a bit about their city's history and culture. If you're into architecture and art like I am, you definitely should try it out. Would thoroughly recommend.

2 Thank Lacebug
San Francisco, California
“Concierge Level Knowledgable Service”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Can't imagine a higher quality service experience than i had with Livelo in SYD. Had a bike for 3 days, the proprietor ordered and installed a longer seatpost and stem for me on his largest bike at his expense to make the bike fit properly. They had every possible safety item and didn't nickel and dime you with extra charges for all the things you really need to be safe and comfortable. Bike was high quality and in good shape. I am a tough consumer of travel and related services and this was fantastic service experience and great to see even more of SYD. Peter also helped out greatly with route suggestions etc.

Visited October 2013