“Delicious!”

Neighborhood: Glebe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had dinner here and used a booking voucher which we had found on ourdeals.com.au, the waiter told us we were the first people using one of these vouchers! The deal was great as it allowed us to have a selection of food and included a glass of wine. My partner does not drink alcohol and they kindly offered her a soft drink instead. The deal was basically half price and extremely good value for money.
The food was beautiful, authentic, delicious and typically Turkish food, probably one the best I've had outside of Turkey to be honest! We had a selection of dishes and everything was delicious, my favourite would have to be the marinated garlic lamb. All the dips were very tasty and the bread was freshly made. The decor of the restaurant was very Turkish and homely! We went on a Tuesday night on which they actually have a live Jazz ensemble playing with guest singers which was fantastic and really added to the ambience.
The service was very friendly and the staff were very helpful, always explaining each of the dishes to us as they were served. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want a fun, delicious night out!
Cheers,
Max

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Skye W

Sydney, Australia
“A thoroughly enjoyable meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I can highly recommend Mengen Sofrasi, everything is fresh and beautifully cooked. I have been to Turkey and stayed in Istanbul for a week each time and I don't think you could find better restaurant there and I have been to a LOT of when there. It is in a great area of Sydney and if you are a trourist in town it won't be too difficult to find. The staff are all very friendly and helpful with nothing a problem.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank chrissy50
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

bought a grouon deal for this restaurant and reserved 48 hours ahead as specified in the fine print. However we were told that there was no space. amazing they couldn`t fit 2 people in 48 hours in advance. the retaurant must be that good. read what you will into that...

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank james c
sydney
“Wow oh wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is in the hub of beautiful trendy Glebe
I think we were lucky to secure a booking on a Saturday night
Lots of people including large family groups and couples enjoying a delicious ,traditional,colourful and exotic meal
The waitstaff are particular in everything that is going on, friendly and immaculately presented as is the food.
Very glad we ventured over the bridge from the Insular Peninsular
of the northern beaches
For something different try this to tempt your taste buds
You will not be disappointed

1 Thank deb t
Sydney, Australia
“GREAT SERVICE FRIENDLY STAFF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

i have been to there couple of times i love iskender when i go to there with my wife we are having great time with waiters funny and friendly
also i definetly suggest everyone to visit there wine also nice this restaurant better than others rice pudding is my favourite dessert when I go to other Turkish restaurant I always order that but this restaurant so different baked rice pudding they are making Fascinating.

• Visited January 2014