“Yum!!!! best gelato Ive ever had!”

RivaReno Gelato Darlinghurst
Ranked #6 of 154 Dessert in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Description: Famous for all natural ingredients, freshness, purity and intense flavours, RivaReno contains no hydrogenated fat, preservatives, colours or flavours. Gelato is made in small batches several times a day to ensure ultra-freshness in the in-store lab. Gelato is stored in traditional Italian pozzetti (cylindrical containers) deep inside the counter, avoiding exposure to air for better conservation.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have eaten a lot of gelato, both in Australia, and in Italy over the years. People seem to rave on about Messina, but I think it is really just an over-hyped fad. If you enjoy the food you eat and want really nice gelato, then this is the place to go. The friend who introduced it to me said it's the best, people just don't know it yet - and I agree. The coffee was ok, nothing special, but that's not their forte. You go here for the gelato! The newyork flavour was my favourite, apparently one of the most popular. But I also loved the pistachio, and the crema.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I'm glad there is now some quality authentic gelato in town. I first came in with my wife and kids, and whilst I had seen something similar in Italy, my kids were a but confused. But the friendly girl serving us let them try the gelato, and they loved it too. I used to eat gelato 2-3 times a day when I was traveling, and I can say this is really good. It's so creamy and soft. I had been going to Messina until this opened, and whilst Messina is ok, this isn't so sweet. You can really taste the intense flavours, not just sugar. Definitely give it a try. AND don't be shy to ask for tasters- they are happy to let you try.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

It's just gelato , not bad , not exceptional, but coming from someone who loves gelato I would eat everyday no probs .

But I feel obliged to write a review because of the first few obviously biased and mention they were better to Messina . I urged you try both but since they were making comparisons I will provide mine. It's reasonable gelato but no where as good as Messina , which is fine , I have had gelato all over Australia , and not many places compare .

Also I don't believe there milk is from high altitude , as I order the Shake and clearly sighted the attendant using reverina milk , it's australian milk , no problem , but just don't like stories about special milk in the Italian apps.

The service was ok , some Italian backpacker was there had a cute accent. Overall it was ok

2  Thank Sparky80120
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having tried lots of gelato/ice cream throughout every city in different parts of the world we have visited i had high hopes for here. Upon arriving it was quiet with only 1 girl working and no customers at all. This had me thinking it may not be as good as reviews here suggest.
Tried a few flavours with Bacio prob my favourite. In saying this it was nothing amazing. Sorry but just cant see how here rates so highly.
Shame as i did really want to like it.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am crazy about gelato, and finally a friend told me about Rivareno. Never had I had such incredible gelato. The texture is so smooth and velvety, each flavour tastes exactly how it should (because they use real ingredients, no fake flavourings or colours or gimmicks).
Definitely worth a try, but warning: it is impossible to stop at one scoop!!!!!!