“Hidden surprise”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: Subtle pirate theme'd, cocktail slinging, Rock n' Roll watering hole.We can be found at an unmarked wooden sliding door at the lower end of Foveaux Street in Surry Hills. No X marking the spot, so if you find it, half the battle has been won! Venture in you'll find the bartender's slinging cocktails behind a large wood panel fit out playing rock n' roll and blues. There's a large array of spirits including barrel's of home spiced rum, singapore sling's and sherry.And if you're just looking for a quick beer/cider, you'll find beers selected from our bartender's favourite local brewery's...
Los Angeles, California
“Hidden surprise”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I have only been once

I was recommended to come try here by a local and I was most certainly very happy
I have to admit I did walk right past it the first time

But once I had gotten in i loved it, we only went in for drinks. And there was an amazing variety to choose from

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank caliboy87

Sydney, Australia
“Hidden treasure on Foveaux, Surry hills”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Matt and luca are amazing. They enjoy being creative, so tell them what you want and your wish is their command.
Matt is a fountain of knowledge, and Angela's attentiveness add to the ambience of your overall drinking pleasure.
The atmosphere and music create a very warm, friendly, welcoming feel.

Step into button where you loose all track of time...

Cannot comment on the food as have not sampled, only the pistachio nuts, which are presented on arrival, a very nice welcome.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank KatieRocko
Sydney, Australia
“good atmosphere, great drinks”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I love that they bring out a bowl of pistachio's that you can nibble on while having a drink. I really enjoy coming here for drinks and the atmosphere, the music is sometimes a little too loud (makes talking a bit difficult) but when in the area I love to start or end the night here as it is a great atmosphere with excellent service!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Yulia T
Melbourne, Australia
“Great for a cleanser”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

OK, I'll fess up that I visited this bar after a very long lunch in Sydney town at a joint called 4 Fourteen (see separate review). So I was well soaked when I came across this bar which was recommended by my youngest son who had just graduated - thus I am open to a suggestion that my state may have acted as a rose tinting - let's face it the 4 Star doesn't come out often. Enough of the excuses.

I found this a hip n happening place punching above the weight of its locale which is in somewhat of the bottom-end of Sydney near Central (can you believe Tripadvisor does not allow any descriptive [i.e. vernacular] words to describe that part of the city?). The service is good and the boys behind the bar know their whiskies and countless other more trendy liquors. We drank beers with chasers.

By the way, as an observation: Plenty of young professional women who seemed to out number the gentlemen.

Worth a look in. It gets very crowded after dark apparently.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Webster27
aussies in US
“Intimate and Interesting small bar”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stopped here for drinks with friends after spending Melbourne cup day at Randwick.Although bar was quite busy,a hostess came to our table quite quickly after we sat down and brought us a complimentary bowl of pistachios,which was a nice touch.She then explained that we order at the bar.Delicious Sangria and quick service.Would definitely come back again

• Visited November 2013