“Awesome!!”
Review of Sydney Photo Tours

Sydney Photo Tours
Ranked #151 of 352 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: See more of Sydney with us than any other photo tour. Visit Sydney attractions hidden gems even the locals don't know about. Each tour is designed to maximise your time. Learn skills improving your photography and discover Sydney's convict history while you create stunning photographs worthy of printing and hanging on your wall, or at least of showing off to your friends and family. Having worked with Canon Australia running photo tours and photography workshops, expect the best when you join one of our Sydney Photo Tours.
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It was a great tour! Joslin has great knowledge of the CBD area and was the perfect tour guide. She is very courteous and professional. Joslin covered many aspects of photography and she took her time in explaining how to get those stunning shots. I highly recommend this tour!!!

Ivan

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
JoslinHartley, Owner at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you Ivan for your positive comments. We're seeing a few more visitors coming up from Canberra, and I hope they too will feel the same way about our complete Sydney tours.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This tour was great! I'm a tour guide but not in the rare areas that Joslin guided us through on the day. If you want original shots of Sydney Harbour, Opera House and Botanical Gardens, this is a great choice.

On the technical side, I have a new camera and this tour really helped me with getting to know my settings, framing and adapting to weather conditions.

Skill improvement and sightseeing! Great Combo!

Thanks again. Loved it!

Sarah

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
JoslinHartley, Manager at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you Sarah. It's always great to hear the feedback from Sydney locals. Many of whom have lived here for many years and have never taken the time to really experience Sydney. I'm glad you enjoyed the photography course, and hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am an American who was in Sydney on vacation. I found this photo tour on the Internet and exchanged several long emails with Joslin before we left the US. I was a bit hesitant about prepaying for something I knew nothing about but was very pleased with both Joslin's expertise and the scope of the tour.
I did the "Discover Sydney" tour. We met at The Rocks at 9 am and finished up at my hotel in downtown Sydney at 3 pm. I had already been in Sydney for three days but Joslin took me to places I had never seen and wouldn't have found on my own. She took me to places I had already photographed but showed me different angles and views. Joslin also showed me some new settings on my camera and had me try a few things I had forgotten or never attempted.
We had a pleasant lunch at the botanical Garden, talking photography all the time. There was also time to get a cold drink and use the bathroom facilities during the tour.
I highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants to learn more about Sydney. Whether you are a serious photographer with a serious camera or a casual photographer with a point & shoot, you will see the city with new eyes and come home with a better understanding of this beautiful city.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
JoslinHartley, Manager at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thanks so much Deborah for your very kind comments. I'm glad I could add value to your vacation.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This tour is perfect for anyone who wants to 1) learn more about photography and 2) discover more hidden gems in Sydney

I did the [Discover Sydney Photo Tour - 6 hours] with Joslin last month as a present from my boyfriend, and this is probably one of the best presents ever!

The tour started at 9am in Darling Harbour. After a brief introduction, Joslin sat down with me and ran through with me the basics of photography. (Love this part !) She adjusted some settings in my SONY NEX 6 camera which allowed me to take better photos.

We walked through Darling Harbour/ QVB/ Hyde Park/ Botanical Gardens/ Sydney Opera House and the Rocks. Each time she took a photo, she would explain the composition and how to best capture it.

I enjoyed every minute of the tour !

There are many different type of tours and I would highly recommend it to any locals or tourists :)

JoslinHartley, Manager at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

It is so rewarding for me to be involved in a gift of photography. Well done to Justin for coming up with a great gift idea and many thanks Grace for your positive feedback (and wonderful company).

Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a great course. Learnt heaps and saw some amazing sights that I had missed despite walking past several times. Joslin takes the time to explain things in a very easy relaxed manner which immediately puts you at ease. The time flew and I came away with a better grasp of my camera and settings and some wonderful shots to blow up and frame! Thank you Joselin I would recommend your course to everyone who wants to extend their knowledge of photography no matter what level.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
JoslinHartley, Manager at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for your positive review. I'm really glad you Enjoyed yourself, saw more, and have some art worth framing!