“Sydney from a different angle”
Review of Sydney Photo Tours

Sydney Photo Tours
Ranked #148 of 376 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: There's no better way to explore Sydney than with a professional photographer and your camera. Visit Sydney attractions hidden gems even the locals don't know about! Each tour is designed to maximise your time. Learn skills improving your photography and discover Sydney while you create stunning photographs worthy of printing and hanging on your wall, or at least of showing off to your friends and family. Having worked with Canon Australia running photo tours and photography workshops, expect the best when you join one of our Sydney Photo Tours.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This unbelievable three hour trip is led by the excellent and knowledgeable photographer "Joslin" who has 25 years of experiences in this industry. I have lived in Sydney for more than 30 years and until I joined her tour, I had never discovered such amazing views. The photos I took are completely different from the typical ones of Sydney's famous sites, including The Rocks, Sydney Opera House, Royal Botanic Garden among others. Joslin taught me the skills and techniques of how to handle a camera, how to control lighting, how to frame a photo properly and how to create special photographic effects. She is friendly, patient, caring and you will never be bored with her historical commentary on Sydney's famous sites. I strongly recommend her tour, especially the "Three Hours" and also the "Six Hours" Tour. You will gain more than you paid for!!

1  Thank Eliza C
JoslinHartley, Owner at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Wow thank you Eliza! It is certainly a better experience with a small group, I'm glad that came across as strong as it seems. Providing top level customer service and a memorable experience is what we're all about and many thanks for recommending our tours :)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was really impressed with this tour! The tour guide/photography expert was Joslin, who did such a good job teaching both the novice and expert photographers in the class, as well as keeping the momentum up on what was a really fun tour that saw some great Sydney sites - and with Joslin's keen eye, I saw many of them differently than I had before! My brother, a keen photographer, is visiting from overseas this year, and I will be definitely taking him on the tour. Highly recommend.

JoslinHartley, Owner at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hi Grant and thank you for the kind words. You developed a really creative eye on the tour and I really enjoyed seeing your photos. I look forward to seeing you again and meeting your brother. Might I recommend the Discover Sydney Tour and/or the Sydney Beaches Tour for something different the next time.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

WOW!! Joslin took me around sydney as part of a small group of keen photographers. After the initial catch up she took us through some of the technical stuff, I have to say she was BRILLIANT! She dumbed it down for me and seemed right at home with the 'professional' guys on the tour. We went on to see some great sights (and heaps of places I wouldnt have seen otherwise!) and learn a bit of Sydney's history, but the whole time being given advice or challenged to think and see things differently through the camera. It was lots of fun.

Joslin was friendly, nothing was to much trouble and she obviously knows her stuff!! Just make sure you take your walking shoes as we did cover some ground. There was a couple of loo breaks and food and drink can be easily found along the way. I've done photo's tours in a few countries and this was the best one, it seemed very easy and natural, yet obviously well planned.

Overall, It was a great tour and I highly recommend it. I've taken home much better photo's than I ever could have hoped for! Loved it, great way to see Sydney and an easy 5 out of 5.

JoslinHartley, Owner at Sydney Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Many thanks for the feedback Craig. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I always enjoy showing a group around and hope you'll try a different one of our other tours next time. Keep an eye on the Photo How-To on our web site for a growing blog of tips and tricks which I hope you find useful.