“Love, love, love this place!”
Review of Izakaya Masuya

Izakaya Masuya
Ranked #890 of 6,960 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 21, 2016

My brother and I often treat each other to lunch here for our birthdays. I recently had a date here in the evening. It gets busy at lunchtime, food is always fresh and staff are very attentive. It's relatively good value for Japanese.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed August 16, 2016

Went to the restaurant on Friday evening and it was PACKED! Decided to go on next day instead earlier and we were not disappointed. I think we were very early and was in time for the "opening ceremony" for dinner service. The chef was playing on the japanese traditional drums for a while. Definitely a nice surprise. The service was good, wide variety of choices of food, great taste and it was definitely fresh. Skewers are worth the wait, as well as the miso pickled cheese which was something I had not had before. Their honey Umeshu tasted really nice too! Very smooth and not too sweet. My personal experience of the service : The skewers somehow took an extremely long time to arrive and each time the server came by, she was very apologetic about the long wait. It was not expected of her to keep apologizing but she did. I was surprised to receive that service from them despite the busyness of the place. Worth the find, worth the price. Eventually I went back for second round as well!

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Chrisqz
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Mostly grab a hot meal to eat at my desk but ver good. Have had lunch a number of times but can be hard to get in.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Judging by the number of Japanese in the restaurant looks like a popular place. Have been here twice and food was good. The spread is wide.

I had spicy chicken karaage and yakitori with some warm sake.

The hotpot looks god but you need company to enjoy it as the portions are big. By Sydney standard the place is priced reasonably.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Bento boxes all round today @ less than $20 per box.

Nice atmosphere at the back of the restaurant, with good service and a very good salmon teriyaki (which is what I had).

My only complaints would be the delay between serving first two bento boxes and the second two for our party of four, and that I was extremely thirsty after the miso soup - the kind of thirst I get from MSG.

But it's still worth coming back to try again.

Date of visit: July 2016