“Over-taking lane required”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Over-taking lane required”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Took the kids to the junior course yesterday, 6 kids 2 adults. They had a great time until they got stuck behind a seriously slooooowww climber with 2 of her mates. The whole party came to a standstill, waiting for her to huff and puff to build up enough courage to pass the 1 challenge, then a further few minutes, and I mean few minutes, to even start the next one. While I understand she might have a fear of height, she never had the decency to offer to let people go ahead of her when starting the next course (as there is no overtaking on course), her mates and the staff were no help either. There was a staff who said he'd encourage the kids to overtake her after the course, but no where in sight when needed. The kids were stuck behind her for 2 courses, came out frustrated, shaking with hunger and very dehydrated, lucky it wasn't a warm day (they had been on the course for 4 hours).
I think an 'overtaking' platform is required at every 3rd or 4th platform It can ruin the day for a lot of people along with potential to pass out from dehydration and hunger. If something happened to someone because they were stuck behind a very slow person, who would be held responsible?

Visited September 2013
4 Thank JTC111
Sarah L, Marketing Assistant at TreeTop Adventure Park Sydney, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback, regarding your visit in September. We’re glad you and the juniors with you enjoy climbing in the trees.

We understand you felt frustrated that you couldn’t move at your own pace through the courses. The activities are designed to appeal to people with a range of abilities, which includes people less comfortable with heights. Our staff advised you of a solution (move ahead of the group on the ground, between courses). Unfortunately they were assisting other climbers when you reached the ground. We advise all climbers to drink water and have snacks between courses as required. This also helps to manage fatigue when climbing. If climbers feel ill, are tired, scared or just want to get down, they can be safely lowered to the ground from any point on the course.

We hope we have addressed some of your concerns. We look forward to seeing you in the trees again soon!

nsw
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Challenge Yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

It was wonderful to get the kids away from technology and to some great physical activity.I was the nervous mum who watched on .My seven year old had the greatest time on the kids courses.There was a brief moment when she froze and the tears came but she within seconds overcome her fears and continued on.I was so proud.After the initial first time around she was fine ,the look of fear was gone and she was flying along the course.The staff were wonderful,patient and great with the kids.They did a wonderful job of rescuing another small child who got stuck.My son who just turned 10 and just made the height requirement did the adult course with his aunt and uncle.As you go through the course your confidence and ability increases.The adults advise me that you have to push through the initial nerves.My son loved the challenge and showed no fear at all,both can't wait to go again.There was a lot of waiting on the adult course which bothered some people but worked for us as it meant I could go and take photos of my son once my daughter finished.If you want to do all three adult courses plus the black you should book for morning.We had the 1.00pm and many adults could not get to the black course before it closed.We will go again.Bring water on a hot day ,even watching is thirsty work.

Visited April 2013