“OMG - YUM!”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went here last week with my partner and parents to celebrate his mum's birthday. Mum, I might add, is Peruvian and the food was devoured by all in equal appreciation.
Firstly, with respect to the negative comments on here - PH has undergone a new ownership recently and we thoroughly enjoy every morsel. In answer to the the comet as to whether it's a restaurant or bad - tapas bar is how I would describe it - we have a number of similar set-ups in London. And, although, this means small portions - it allows you to order a number of dishes to sample a larger proportion of the menu and share among your friends at the table.
The service was extremely friendly - a little slow at first but then I'm used to speedy, impatient London life. The food was great, the menu was varied and we had discussions with the staff about possible additions to it. Being newly taken over, the staff were very open to suggestions and the genuine Peruvian in our group was more than happy with the whole evening. She even got us rather tipsy by demanding we all sampled the traditional Peruvian drink - Pisco Sours.
The atmosphere was very cosy, not noisy and I hope the local Sydneysiders venture out to this place and make a success of the business so I can have more when I next visit. There seems to be a distinct lack of Peruvian cuisine in Sydney and I'd like to see more of it - London has restaurants popping up all over the place at the moment - let's see Sydney make this so too.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Been twice. I love the food ... infused flavours genious! Never tried anything like it. Loved the seafood dishes. They have delicious chunky cassava chips which are so yumo. Great selection of wines. Wonderful friendly service. I will be back :-)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my second visit to this restaurant in the last month. After my first visit i was very impressed with the tastiness of the food. Myself and my partner like to order several dishes to share wherever we go and this place fits the bill. Tonight we ordered what i would say is a perfect meal. We love food that is fresh with lots of different flavours and although we ordered maybe nine different dishes, each and every dish was unique. This place is a winner

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We live nearby so watched this place open up a few months ago.
when some friends asked to meet us somewhere quiet on a Saturday night we thought of Pachamama house. there were a few people in when we arrived. We ordered drinks & i was very pleased to see i could get Malbec by the glass. we ordered some snacks to go with our drinks.
I ordered cassava chips. I got only 9.
If I were in a nice restaurant I might have expected this but not here.
2 of my friends then ordered the braised pig cheek. It came in pastry...with egg...and ultimately no pigs cheek. Such a shame. We did complain & they offered to make more but by this point the disappointment has already occurred.
Drinks menu had been stapled together over 10 times & the food menu was in folded take away format.
I'm not sure what this place is aiming to be. It can't be a bar because we were asked to leave at 11:30pm on a Saturday night. But the menu & standard of food means it can't be a restaurant either.
Wish it were better just so we could make it a local place to eat & drink.