Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
$179
$197
$176
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$164
$234
$219
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$141
$136
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$126
$189
$180
2,397 results
All reviewsfree mini barfree happy hourshoebox roomdarling harbourgoodie bagwool storeapple tvfree laundrygreat boutiquefunky hotellittle extraslight railcontinental breakfastjunior suiterain showeramazing hotelstar casino
Reviewed July 19, 2013

What a wonderful, almost hidden, gem! King Room was spotless, bed was magnificent and they even give you regular size soap bars. Situated in a restored old wool store, enough of the original features are kept to make it interesting, but there is still every mod-con you could want. The staff were very friendly and keen to make our stay memorable. We will certainly be return guests! Christine and Robert

Room Tip: While breakfast was available, due to the hotel being so recently opened, the restaurant was not operating in the evening. However, we were able to purchase a platter of nibbles for two. It was amazing - more than we could eat and beautifully presented.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine1110
Hotel1888, General Manager at Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Christine and Robert,

The team and I would like to thank you for your great review. It is important for us to know that we have been able to look after you both during your stay.

We pride ourselves on the quality of the beds and the level of service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been lucky enough to have stayed in lots of hotels around the World
This would have to be up there as one of the best
The rooms are modern yet have loads of character and all the staff I encountered were amazing and more than happy to go out of there way for me
I absolutely loved that the person who checked me in at night rembeted me the next day
No I am not famous. But they make me feel like I am

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Pridesj
Hotel1888, General Manager at Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Pridesj,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at 1888 Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the team is thrilled about your feedback.
We love to spoil our guests and we like to think that everyone is a VIP!

The team and I can't wait to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

So glad we stayed here. Service was excellent. Staff very welcoming and accommodating. We booked the shoebox, which was quite small, but quite adequate with all the amenities. Room was very clean and comfortable. The staff at the bar were knowlegeable on the area and friendly. Food at breakfast was reasonably priced and very tasty. The barrista was Excellent. When next in Sydney we would stay here. Good location, close to Darling Harbour.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan M

Dear Susan M,

The team and I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay at 1888 Hotel.

We are extremely happy to know that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities.
Our aim is to take care of every guest and deliver an excellent service. The breakfast menu has been designed to be both rustic and opulent.

We can't wait to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My Boyfriend booked this place for our short stay in Sydney.
The foyer has amazing features as it blends modernism with the the old warehouse beams. It even had a large live tree inside.
The rooms were new and clean but didn't follow through with the same cool elements of the foyer:(
What I did love however was the apple IPad available for us to use in our room with internet we didn't have to pay for!! Winning!!
It had a fun app with info on bars and things to do in Sydney. We managed to find a bar called Ivy on it and went along for a great friday night.
All in all, I'd stay there again when we are back up in Sydney.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SallyNormandy
Hotel1888, General Manager at Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear SallyNormandy,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at 1888 Hotel.

The team and I are glad you have enjoyed your experience with us. We are lucky to have such a wonderful historic building and the iPad adds a nice modern touch.

The 1888 Hotel Family

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The staff was friendly, helpful, and full of local knowledge. The location was easy to get to by taxi or public transport.

The hotel has a great unfinished wood/rustic look and the room was spacious, attractive, and had lots of natural light. It was easy to make the room very dark at night and the bed was quite comfortable. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeanL17
Hotel1888, General Manager at Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear SeanL17,

The team and I thank you for your review.

It is wonderful to read that you have loved your stay and embraced the beauty of our building.
We are still so excited you were our first guest and you'll always have a special place in our memories.

Warmest regards,