“Ripped off an 11 year old girl and didn't care!”
Review of Sparkle Cupcakery

Sparkle Cupcakery
Ranked #108 of 150 Dessert in Sydney
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed November 16, 2017

We bought our daughter a halloween themed cup cake cooking course for her 11th birthday. My daughter was so excited but on the day when we went they had cancelled the course without bothering to inform us. We then left several messages but no-one ever replied and I was never reimbursed the $200 we had paid. Our daughter was left in tears of disappointment. The only thing that saved the situation was the kind shop assistant trying to make it up to my daughter by giving her some cupcakes as a consolation. However the new owners (the business was recently taken over) have never bothered to contact at all. The worst customer experience I have ever had.

Leo C, General Manager at Sparkle Cupcakery, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Hello Barn C,
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your negative experience. We have refunded everyone for the cancelled events. Our main communications are through celebrate@sparklecupcakery.com.au so I'm not sure where these "unanswered" messages are left by you.
I'd be more than happy to talk to you about your refund. Please email me at celebrate@sparklecupcakery.com.au

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

By far one of the best cupcakes I’ve ever had. I’m not crazy about icing but this one is just the right amount of sweetness. Love the moisture and the spices taste of the Vegan flavour. It’s unfortunate they don’t do it anymore. Friendly staff and beautiful packaging.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Have always loved the cupcakes from Sparkle-they are delicious! The staff are super-friendly, and so helpful (especially when dealing with a customer who can’t decide what flavour to have!!)!

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Consistently excellent. Creamy icing atop moist and dense cupcake. Rich flavours and immaculately presented. Easy to order online. Have bought a few 12 packs for the workplace and they always go down a treat! Looking forward to my next visit already...

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

I had heard a lot about this place and thought I'd check it out with the family. Bought a dozen cupcakes and each one was extremely dry, flavourless and pretty much stale. Very disappointing to say the least. Will never recommend this place or go there ever again. Paid $55 for a dozen, not even sure they're worth putting in the rubbish.

1  Thank awanderingfoodie