“Great staff and great value”
Review of Ippudo

Ippudo
Ranked #283 of 6,058 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We are no experts at ramen, but the waitresses here were exceptionally helpful, guiding us through the various choices and suggesting great options. We loved our meal - try the steamed pork buns as a starter snack - they are amazing and so cheap

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The lines can be ridiculous but if you plan ahead and arrive around 6pm, you should be able to get in relatively quickly.

The bowls of ramen are delicious, really deep flavours in the broths and the miso pastes. I'd go with the extra hard noodle as it really puts some serious texture into the whole thing.

For sides, the pork buns are tasty (different from momofuku) and the gyoza are so moist and tender.

It is not cheap, but considering the quality I think it is a very reasonably priced meal.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

When you visit Ippudo Sydney, just stick to the ramen! I know it commanded a slightly premium price, but you get the best quality ramen in Sydney!

They have three different kinds of ramen and we chose the one that sounded different to a ‘normal’ ramen. With Akamaru ramen, they used pork belly instead of pork loin and fragrant garlic oil to enhance the thick soup based. It was seriously mind-blowing, even with a very high expectation coming into the restaurant with!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my workmates (5 of us) went to this restaurant at lunch time. They do not accept reservations, the queue was long and winding. For a first timer, I was ready to give up as I did not know what I was lining up for. Also, we were asked if all 5 was present, they do not let you line up for companions who are not at the premises. In no time, we got our table. I was impressed that when we were seated, the table has already been cleaned and set for all 5 of us. When food was being served I noticed the sense of pride the waiter had as he laid the food on the table. It was a gesture you could not miss. Food was great and the pork buns were worth the wait. Ramen is fantastic and the best I have ever had. Definitely worth the long queue and I will do it again, over and over ...

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Yes.. The ramen is more expensive than your local small ramen shop... But truly tasty and so complex, it is more than worth the incremental cost. I'm a devotee of Ichi ban Boshi ramen (Bondi Junction) and didn't think I would find something tastier outside of Japan... But then I tasted the ippudo ramen. Perfect noodles with a distinct bite, and a thick broth that seems almost too intense and concentrated at first but grows on you so that as soon as you finish you are already thinking about when you will have the next bowl. Yum!