“Just rating the bistro”

The Observer Hotel
Ranked #959 of 6,035 Restaurants in Sydney
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: The Observer Hotel, established in 1848, offers you the best burgers in town in our beautiful beer garden, open till late, 7 days a week with live music and our Friday & Saturday night DJ's.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I only ate at the hotel so rating the food. Four of us went here on a very busy Sydney Vivid night. We had a good priced bottle of red wine (cheap for Sydney prices) that was well enjoyed by all of us. We ordered 3 steaks and a burger. All were cooked as ordered, tasty and well presented. The best was the chunky mushroom gravy. Great pub food and great price.....especially for the heart of Sydney.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The friendly and humorous doorman asked me for my id to check if i was over 18 ...cheeky bugger ....I am almost 60 . But then again I think my pals might have teed that one up and he obliged . Its a friendly place , nice beer , not cheap either but the beer is cold and the music is great . Sometimes they have solo artists , sometimes a duo and sometimes full on bands . Its always fun and we often go there to do " spot who's off the boat " , because its close to the overseas passenger terminal where cruise ships pull in.

Obby O, General Manager at The Observer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Hi Sasiagrav.

Thank you very much for the kind review. Glad you had a nice time.
Hopefully we will see you and your party again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had quick lunch and a pint here during our stay in Sydney.
Place has a bunch of outside seating, but try to get one on the George St side instead of the side street.
I think it was a Wednesday (maybe a Thursday) that the special of the day was a Cheese Burger, Chips and a drink. They have different specials every day.
Burger was good and the chips were fresh and along with a couple of pints all was well.
I get the impression a lot of Local Business people eat here during lunch, so other items must be pretty good since there were lots of people sill eating at 2 in the afternoon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Visiting from the states and landed here after a day of tourism. Had an awesome time and met some new Aussie peeps. The staff were friendly and efficient and security scooted away a few "over baked" people.

The live music was good.

Will try to re-visit next time I'm in Sydney.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Fairly standard pub food with a very large selection of burgers and other light meals. Prices are reasonable for the area. Locations is great in the heart of the rocks.