“Food: Dismal Price: Ouch! Ambience: Nice”
Review of Margaritaville - CLOSED

Margaritaville
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Located on the water in Darling Harbour. With a balcony running the whole length on the venue enjoy our full menu, bar snacks or just a drink from our fully stocked bar and exquisite cocktail list. All week we have live music and many events all listed on our website.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Loved Margaritaville Las Vegas so couldn't resist trying the new Sydney establishment. $94 for 2 dry, unflavousome burgers + 2 small, weak margaritas = zero chance of returning or recommending... :^(

There are newer reviews for Margaritaville

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I figured I would like this place being an American....American style food...American style portions, but I was surely disappointed. Not that I expected anything special from Margaritaville, but for the price you pay you'd think it'd be better.

I had the jambalaya and it pretty much seemed nothing more than cheap fried rice. It was dry and I think I found 1 piece of sausage. The prawns were decent sized and pretty tasty, but jambalaya is all about the rice! A friend had the seafood mac 'n' cheese and it was actually pretty tasty. Way too rich for an entire meal, but still tasty. The beer was average price and the staff was pretty helpful.....but it can't makeup for the dish they claim to be as jambalaya.

As most places off Darling Harbour, Margaritaville is super touristy. Overpriced and mediocre food at best. I would definitely have a drink or two here, but avoid the food if you can.

Though we did see someone order the nachos and it was literally a mountain. I'm curious on how that is..ha!

Kate A, Public Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear themattkim,
We're very sorry that you did not enjoy your Margaritaville experience. We aim to deliver a fun, delicious and memorable time for our guests and we apologise for failing to do this for you.
Your comments have been taken seriously by the staff and we hope you make a return to Margaritaville.

The Margaritaville Team

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Passed through here before dinner a couple of weeks ago, the shop was worth a look, and wound up buying a few prezzies for friends back in Perth. The bar itself was a little crowded - to be expected on a Saturday Night, but the bar staff were pretty quick.
One warning - do not go with a margarita addict - you will have trouble tearing them away from the joint!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

TWe were quite excited about going to the venue having been to several others around the world. Well, the excitement was soon over after scanning the food and then the beverage menus. I had heard from other guest of the beef ribs being very good so that is what I ordered. My wife ordered the jambalaya. For drinks I had the signature magarita and she the iced coffee. The beef ribs at $39.00 appeared to be fine but the tasted proved otherwise. No doubt the worst I have ever had. However my wife said the jambalaya was fine but for $29.00 the bowl of flavored rice with some small pieces of chicken, sausage and a few prawns thrown in the price was over the top. Moreover, the margarita at $20.00 was also noted to be a bit pricy. I wish I had brought my alcometer along as I could taste no alcohol and the drink seemed to be all mixer. The key lime pie at $14.50 was also over priced but presented nicely. The service was average compared to price and was obviously a rush the customer through and out for volume purposes.

In short, we can say we did Margaritaville Sydney but will never be returning either for ourselves or entertaining guest. Our suggestion to you is give this location a miss unless you don't mind wasting your money on a below average dining experience that will set you back around $120.00.

Cheers

Dear Lokerd,
We are very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable visit to Margaritaville. We do aim to exceed expectations by delivering a fun, delicious and memorable time for our guests and we apologise for failing to do this for you.Your comments about food, beverage and pricing have been taken seriously and will be shared with the staff.

The Margaritaville Team

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I thought the food was delicious. I was impressed with the friendly service and the childrens menu. Also the fact the children are made very welcome and treated very well. I was very impressed with the overall dining explerience.