“Delicious!”

Neighborhood: Newtown
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My partner and I visited Japone on a whim whilst we were in Sydney in February. I am often suspicious when the term 'fusion' is used to describe a restaurant's food style as I've found it rarely results in delicious food. This was not the case with Japone. Every dish we ordered (and we ordered a few) was a delight - the kingfish carpaccio with wasabi lime and capers was gorgeous - subtle and scrumptious. Perfect place for a nice meal in a relaxed atmosphere. Will be coming back.

• Visited February 2014

• Indonesian first
Wollongong, Australia
“Sushi with a twist!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ate at Japone for the first time last night. I love sushi and even make it regularly myslef...however no where near as good as this place. Their sushi making is art on a plate. The flavours were exceptional and I would recommend the Shusimi and the Big Fat Dragon roll YUM! We will be back. Service was great as well and $5 beers and Villa Maria Sav Blanc happy hour even better!!

• Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Nice Food - Long Wait”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with a friend for a light dinner. We ordered Entrée and Mains.

The food arrived 30 minutes after. The waiters were very very nice and always smiling. One waiter was running to the kitchen when she had nothing in hands so maybe slow service was due to shortage of staff.

Once the food arrived.... WOW! It was quiet good. The food was very nice and very tasty. The presentation was very professional.

Being in Newtown the prices I accepted if they were more away from the city I would think they were overcharging.

Highly recommend this restaurant for catch up with friends or partner only because that is the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Sydney
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant it is simple, un fussy delicious Japanese food. Strongly recommend the sashimi tacos and mixed sashimi plate. The oyster shooter special is also really good.

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Good, quirky Japanese”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visit this place often. The service is friendly and the food is excellent. Try the popcorn prawns, very yummy.

• Visited February 2013