The Rocks Dreaming Aboriginal Heritage Tour
Review Highlights
Great tour!

Our guide was amazing, helpful and knowledgeable. The Rocks seen through Aboriginal eyes looked... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Aleksnadra
Gdansk, Poland
Interesting and entertaining

I am a local guide who interpreted for overseas visitors for whom this tour had been organized... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ecko W
Sydney

Recommended experiences in and around Sydney
from $68.46
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,866 Reviews
from $120.33
from $155.59
from $44.95
More Info
All reviews mother earth first nations open your eyes local plants lovely guide amazing stories white settlement rich history sydney locals story telling sydney area wealth of information ask questions visit sydney knowledgeable guide small group an easy walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I truly enjoyed this walking tour. If you get tour guide James Mundine, you're in luck. Very personable, knowledgeable and patient with questions. I came away from the tour with a new perspective on a Sydney that I would not have gotten had I not taken this tour. The walk is easy, with multiple stops. Questions are encouraged. I learned about local plants, former shorelines and about the customs and traditions of the Aboriginal people. James was gracious and a great host. Highly recommend this tour guide and this tour. Thank you James! Go Lakers!

Date of experience: September 2019
Margret C, Owner at The Rocks Dreaming Aboriginal Heritage Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We so much enjoy sharing our cultural knowledge and how our practices within the natural environment has so much to offer us humans. J
James is one of 6 wonderful Aboriginal Guides who work with me.
His family is so proud of him as we are here at Dreamtime Southern X. Again thank you for coming on our Tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Margret's tour tells the most important part of Australian history, that of the people who inhabited the land longer than any other. Sadly, this story is almost always ignored for the European version. Her tour takes you among the historical markers of The Rocks and reveals the deeper history, the one vastly older than the limestone buildings and cobblestone streets. Margret is passionate about her work and it shows in her presentation and willingness to answer any and all questions. I have worked with Margret the last two years to share the Aboriginal story to U.S. college students and cannot imagine coming to Sydney and not participating in her tour.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

James was a fantastic guide. I was lucky as it was a small group so got to ask lots of questions. James shared lots of information regarding Indigenous culture and explained totems and the plants that were important. It was a fantastic tour and really appreciated the sharing of his culture. Definite must.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Aunty Faith guided my family and I on this tour yesterday. My children miss 10.8 and 4 months were very interested in comparing Kaurna culture with local traditions!
This tour was totally informative and relaxed (allowing for baby feeding too!)
We now a totem plant - the Grevillea!
I recommend for anyone visiting Sydney. Thank you Faith!

Reviewed August 21, 2019

This was a fantastic tour around the Rocks with Faith, who provided fascinating insights into aboriginal knowledge of nature, as well as their culture and history. Thoroughly recommend!