“The atmosphere, drinks and music hit the right note”
Review of Shady Pines Saloon

Shady Pines Saloon
Ranked #351 of 6,102 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I didn't eat here and went to enjoy the excellent drinks and company.

It is a busy place, which to my mind is better than a slow joint with a few barfly's holding it together. There are a few interesting people at this bar who enjoy a good time without being pretentious about it.

Despite being so busy the drinks service was quick, the bar team know their stuff. My favourite drink was a Sailor Jerry and Apple invention (Granny Smith I think) and it hit the spot.

Shady Pines I will be back the next time I visit Sydney

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a great bar, with great character! Its pretty loud in there, so you can't really have a chat with your mates. That said, the beer is great, and the endless monkey nuts make it a place to visit.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a fun night here - good firm cocktails and great music. Trip advisor calls it a restaurant but I didn't notice a menu or see anyone eating - eat somewhere else and come here for drinks and fun.

You'll almost certainly find a queue to get in, but don't be put off -some things are worth a bit of queuing!

1  Thank Glenn-LondonW2
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Yeah I know it's pretty much what everyone wants in a place. Small, cozy and and full of cool people. The night I went though I probably wasn't in the best mood due to the rain and the waiting outside for 30 mins just to buy slightly overpriced whiskey is again more of a failing of myself. (They did have free umbrellas for those waiting outside, but the rain was that bad, I was wet from the chest down).

Music is cool particularly if a fan of Johnny cash and country, albeit slightly too loud.

Did have a gay man try to pick me up, which I polite turned down

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We read about this place and decided to check it out on a Wednesday night. It was like stepping into the Wild West after decending the stairs from the non-descript entry. We were fortunate to get a seat as it was quite busy even mid-week. The drinks are reasonable prices and the music includes classics from the likes of Johnny Cash. It is not a place you would go there to eat, but it is a fun bar with a great fit out in US western/cowboy style. It is worth a follow up and a good addition to the Darlinghurst/Surry Hills bar scene.