“Cosy spot with hearty Italian food on a cold Sunday night”

MV Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #442 of 6,896 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: MV Bistro & Wine Bar, matching modern European food with a world of wine (local, International & Funky) by-the-glass or the bottle. Located within an 1849 heritage-listed stonemasonry workshop. Open for lunch, dinner & functions.
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Finding good food in Sydney on a Sunday night isn’t easy. MV proved to be our after theatre hideaway. Small and cosy (a but tight on space between tables) the Italian themed menu had a limited selection but it was mouth watering to read and the food lived up to its promise. The wine list again was limited but adequate. MV is not fine dining but it’s a fine place to find good quality, hearty food on a cold winters night.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited here recently on a Friday after work with a few friends. Starts to get busy around 7pm - which funnily enough coincides with happy hour. Great staff and service. Good drink selection. Didn’t eat here but the food menu also looked great. Pleasant intimate venue in good location.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous night. Food and service are excellent. I can't recommend this highly enough. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank fcormack99
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Came here for drinks with friends and were sat a the bar not a table even though there were several around. We initially said we were just having drinks. The staff should have told us that the kitchen was going to stop serving the menu at 9.30 not keep pouring the drinks. At 9.30 advised that only bar food was available. I ordered the octopus dish as it was the only dish I liked. Everyone else ordered cheese platters and zucchini fritters. Once everyone's came they told me that there wasn't any!! Had we have known this we would have gone elsewhere.

I sat there and ate nothing. I have never been out and not eaten. They didn't even try and offer me anything else not even a dessert. Worst service I have ever experienced and gone home hungry!!

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

I have been here many many times.

Great little venue in the heart of Surry Hills.

This time we got the slow cooked lamb cooked for 10 hours, the famous duck Ragu pasta and a couple entrees.

Amazing was an understatement.

This place was packed, and the servers were doing the best they could, service was a little slow.

Entrees came out before the wine.

Other than that, it was a great experience and highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2018