“Tailor Made! Perfect for our kids! Peter has prepared himself for years for your "tailor made" tour!”

Bailey's Sydney Tours
Private Guided Tour from Sydney to Blue Mountains National Park
Ranked #1 of 96 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours for People Who Don't Like Tours. Bailey's Sydney day tours stray out of the tourist environment and mindset, seeing Sydney and surrounds the way you want to, at the pace you desire, and with the people of your choosing. Every tour is customised to your needs and expectations; every tour is private (just yourself and the group with whom you're travelling). Every tour is responsive to your input and every photo in the galleries was taken by me at a location that can be included in a Bailey's Sydney tour
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Peter's communications were always timely and effective. He was on time (early) and even had brought the appropriate car seats for our kids. He listened to our interest and then tailored the tour just for us. He was so patient and knowledgeable but not pushy with the information.We were impressed with our lunch stop, it was outside the city and our kind of place where it was mainly locals. The food was wonderful. He paced the tour perfect for our 4 & 6 year old that were traveling with us. He even found playgrounds that were perfect for them to burn off some energy. We have far more insight as to how life in Sydney actual is, after spending time with Peter. He allowed the perfect amount of time at each stop. He was knowledgeable about local places to eat, Australian music of multiple generations, cultural differences, comparisons of other places, etc. He even stopped and bought TimTan's for our kids to try as a must have while in Australia. I highly recommend Peter to anyone. He has prepared himself for years to have the knowledge to tailor make your tour. Ours included these things:
Featherdale Wildlife Park where we saw kangaroos, wallabies, emus, cassowaries, dingoes, echidnas, goannas, a Tasmanian devil and a saltwater crocodile From there we headed back towards the coast for lunch at the Waterfront Cafe at Church Point After lunch, we drove to Palm Beach to paddle our feet and the kids played in the playground too We also drove past Whale Beach, Avalon and Bilgola beaches, and stopped at Newport Beach too, before returning to the hotel via Roseville Bridge, Northbridge and Sydney Harbour Bridge
Can not rave enough about Peter.

1  Thank Heather B
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thanks, Heather. Thank you so much. It's wonderful to know we found the bits of Sydney that made your day special

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"northern beaches"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Traveling with my mother to Australia for the first time, we walked around the city ourselves but wanted to visit the Blue Mountain also, so I started looking for tours. We prefer private tour as schedule can be more flexible. I found Peter through Tripadvisor and saw all the nice comments, and hence contacted him right away for booking.

He was fully booked the date that I originally asked him for, but lucky that he was available one day during my 4 days short visit in Sydney. Communicate Peter by emails and booked through his website, everything was set simple and easy.

Peter picked us from our hotel at 9am and drove us to the Blue Mountain, the ride was about 2 hours but it was very enjoyable to chat with Peter all the way. He is very nice and knowledgeable when I have asked millions of questions about Australia.

Besides the three sisters rocks, we visited some other valleys nearby which were also beautiful. Original plan by Peter was to take us to a wild park but since he found out we went to the one in Sydney centre already and have already seen the Koalas, he was so flexible to change the plan and took us to the suburbs of Sydney and the beaches. This is what we like about private tour that you can make your own plan, he can accommodate all our needs.

The van that Peter has is big and comfortable, he knows Sydney so well and has great recommendation of restaurants.

Highly recommended to anyone coming to Sydney and needs a tour guide.

1  Thank siu_fun82
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Improvisation and flexibility! I'm so glad you both enjoyed the day, and the way it unfolded too. Thanks for taking the time to review it

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I did a private tour of Sydney with Peter Bailey and it was amazing. He asked us what we were wanting to experience in Sydney, and he customized the tour so that we would get the most enjoyment. He is an excellent guide, and very knowledgeable about Sydney. He is also a lot of fun to hang out with on the tour. We got to see so much more of Sydney, even visiting the northern beaches, which we would not have seen otherwise. He made excellent restaurant recommendations for the rest of our stay, and even gave us recommendations for Melbourne. I highly recommend him.

1  Thank tykubena
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Well, you guys were fun to hang out with too!! Thanks so much for your review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I contacted Peter from NYC and he was very responsive and helpful from the start. I was traveling alone and asked if I we could do a full day tour with a combination of the main attractions and beaches (since it was summer over there) and he was happy to oblige. Peter was friendly and accommodating when we met. I liked that he and I discussed specifics on what I wanted to see, he showed me the route on the map, and he was able to make adjustments when we were running short or long on time. He was very organized, personable and answered all my questions. He was also more than happy to take pictures. Since I stayed in near the Circular Quay area, I wanted to explore the eastern suburbs, Bondi, Tamarama, Manly, and northern beaches. We even made it all the way to Palm Beach and beyond. Peter was great. He was very helpful even after the tour for restaurant recommendations in Sydney, Blue Mountains (I was going with my cousins), even in Melbourne since that was my next stop. You will really appreciate the beauty of Sydney when you venture out with Peter. I highly recommend it and you will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank nnyklw
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

I love this city, and I'm glad I could help you fall in love with it a little too. Many thanks for your review!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 20, 2014

From planning our tour to the actual day we spent with Peter, it was a wonderful experience from start to finish for my family. Peter was very easy to contact from the US and accommodated our time difference very well. Peter responded very promptly to all emails and was very easy to get in touch with. On the day of our tour, Peter picked us up from the hotel exactly on time. He was very knowledgeable, open to questions, friendly, organized, a safe driver, and overall a wonderful companion to spend the day with our family. Peter's vehicle was very nice, clean and air conditioned. We went to Featherdale and Peter was an excellent guide at the park, pointing out the wildlife and making sure we saw all the park had to offer. Peter even took care of buying the kangaroo/wallaby food at the park so we could all enjoy feeding these unique animals. Afterwards Peter took us to Blue Mountain, which was a beautiful excursion as well. My family of five was very happy with our trip and would absolutely recommend Peter's tour service to anyone looking for a private guide in and around Sydney.

3  Thank N M
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you! I think a big part of making a tour personalised and customer-focused is for me to listen and respond, and to anticipate also :)