“Peter Bailey - Sydney's tour expert”

Bailey's Sydney Tours
Ranked #2 of 92 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours for People Who Don't Like Tours. Bailey's Sydney day tours stray out of the tourist environment and mindset, seeing Sydney and surrounds the way you want to, at the pace you desire, and with the people of your choosing. Every tour is customised to your needs and expectations; every tour is private (just yourself and the group with whom you're travelling). Every tour is responsive to your input and every photo in the galleries was taken by me at a location that can be included in a Bailey's Sydney tour
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peter Bailey - Sydney's tour expert”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Me and my wife ended our New Zealand to Australia cruise on April 13 and had a day and a half to spend in Sydney. We were very fortunate to tour the city with Peter Bailey who certainly knows the city extremely well, but also is attentive to his clients specific desires. We have visited a wonderful and little known wild life park, a myriad of pretty forested and inhabited inlets, diverse beautiful neighborhoods, beaches and parks. Aside from areas most visited by tourists,which we also have visited with Peter, places he took us to appeared to have been known and visited by locals only, and thereby retained original charm. Given a relatively short history of the city, Peter demonstrated excellent knowledge of important facts. City-scape and architectural variety were simply an icing on a wonderful cake of a tour. Peter's advise for the remaining half-a-day in the city turned out very helpful. We highly recommend Bailey's Sydney for a friendly, unique and memorable experience.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank strengdys
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I'm pleased I could be part of making your first Sydney experience a special one, and that my recommendations for the remainder of your stay proved to be enjoyable also

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to see the country is with Peter!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My friend and I toured Melbourne and Sydney with Peter and the overall experience was fantastic! We had initially thought to book several one day tours through another company but once we compared the cost of hiring a personal driver and all that we could see in one day (have to take two day tours to see what we saw in one day), the decision was easy. Peter took us to spots that a tourist would normally not be able to see (Ex. beaches, unique neighbourhoods, etc.) and this is because he has lived in Sydney all his life so knows the ins and outs of the destination and surrounding area. One of the days we spent touring the wineries in the Hunter Valley region and Peter was extremely flexible taking us to the wineries we were most interested in. The really nice part was that if we only wanted to stay 5 minutes then that's all we did....not like going with a large tour group where you might be at a winery for 30-45 min. Not only did we cover so much territory in such a short time (Melbourne, Sydney, Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, etc.) but my friend and I left feeling like we really had the chance to get to know the country on a personal level. Peter has become a friend for life and I would highly recommend anyone to use him to ensure your experience in Australia is unique and memorable.

1 Thank Streeker
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only tourist who isn't sure whether they'll like an attraction until they actually reach it. There's always so much to do in a new town, and rarely enough time. Flexibility and prioritising become keys in getting the most out of my tours. Thanks for understanding & believing in my vision!
Olympia, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bailey Tours was superb!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I toured with Peter Bailey on March 27. He picked us up at the airport and we spent the entire day in his care. Peter has lived his entire life in Sydney, so he knows every nook and cranny of this amazing city. Not only that, he is a fount of knowledge on Australian history and current events. Although Peter can provide a set tour of the most popular Sydney sights, the best aspect of his tours is he will create a tour specific to your interests, especially if you contact him ahead of time. In our case, we talked with him by telephone (from the US) and also communicated by e-mail. So he knew what our interests were and molded a tour for us that more than met our needs and expectations. At the end of the day, he dropped us off at our hotel. I highly endorse this tour -- Peter's tour is a great value and a wonderful source of information about Sydney and Australia.

1 Thank Alan S
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks Alan! It was a wonderful day spent in charming company, and I'm glad I could be a part of making your Sydney experience memorable
NJ
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Peter helped us make the most of our time in Sydney!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

In addition to showing us the usual highlights, Peter also took us to out of the way places that we never would have found on our own and really helped us see parts of Sydney that weren't in the guide books. He tailored our day to our specific interests (aboriginal art and local flavor) and helped us really enjoy our day!

My one regret is that we didn't book more days with him as I think that he may have helped us get more out of our entire trip had we spent more time planning with him!

I would highly recommend Peter to anyone looking for a non-touristy tour of the beautiful city of Sydney (though he also does tours in other cities!) and for anyone who would like help planning a trip with some stops off the beaten path.

3 Thank LisaMarieDias
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks for your endorsement, Lisa! I'm glad I could be a part of making your special holiday even more special
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Down Under Adventure with Bailey's Sydney Tour!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Down Under Adventure! We spent 4 days exploring beautiful Sydney and were able to see everything from Blue mountains, Horseback riding through the country, hand feeding free roaming kangaroos, private photo session with a Koala, boat rides on the harbor to the Sydney Opera House to private helicopter flights over Hunters Valley Vineyards. Bailey's Sydney Private Tours was amazing! Couldn't have seen Sydney without our tour guide. Our tour guide was extremely accommodating to all our needs. He went above and beyond any tour guide we ever had! Peter was able to book us in last minute for a private helicopter flight over the vineyards of Hunters Valley. I mentioned I would like to take a ride after seeing a brochure at a vineyard and Peter made it happen within minutes! We were traveling as a family with two small children and Peter made sure we had packed adventures for the adults and the children!. Our children were calling him uncle Peter by the end of the tour. This is the only way you would want to see Australia!

2 Thank Eveningmood
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
It was a fabulous couple of days for me, also. Looking back, I'm both impressed & astonished by the amount we covered, and how both the kids were delighted by everything we saw and did. These experiences make it all worthwhile