“A comprehensive tour of Sydney”

Bailey's Sydney Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$928.60*
and up
Private Guided Tour from Sydney to Blue Mountains...
Ranked #1 of 98 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tours for People Who Don't Like Tours. Bailey's Sydney day tours stray out of the tourist environment and mindset, seeing Sydney and surrounds the way you want to, at the pace you desire, and with the people of your choosing. Every tour is customised to your needs and expectations; every tour is private (just yourself and the group with whom you're travelling). Every tour is responsive to your input and every photo in the galleries was taken by me at a location that can be included in a Bailey's Sydney tour
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Anyone can see the typical sights in Sydney. If you want to see what's off the beaten path, particularly if you're into seeing the national parks, tucked-away beaches, and food choices galore, I recommend seeing Sydney with Peter Bailey.

1  Thank Emm_Dash
Peter B, Owner at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you. We certainly covered a lot of ground in a short amount of time

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"northern beaches"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had the opportunity to get several days of touring around Sydney and the suburbs with Peter Bailey.

Everything from body surfing at Bondi Beach to burgers with the works (beet root!) to ethnic cuisines to the art galleries to a driving tour along the coast south of Sydney. Mr Bailey is personable and entertaining! He was able to help us see and do things that we were interested in. A no-cliche not-canned touring approach!

Next time we are back down under we will be looking up Mr Bailey for another adventure.

Peter B, Manager at Bailey's Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Burgers with beetroot!!! Sometimes it's the small touches that leave the biggest impression

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Peter is a very affable and conscientious fellow, and it made discovering parts of Sydney I would never have seen otherwise a lot of fun. He was also respectful of my needs, such as finding vegetarian places to eat, and he was able to match the places we visited to my interests. I couldn't believe how many beaches Peter knew in the Sydney area, and he was always ready to move on to the next one if it wasn't 'right' for some reason. He was never in a rush and he was consistently ready to answer questions about Sydney in a knowledgeable way, whereas I found one other guide to be a bit lacking in that area. I was pleasantly tired at the end of the tour, having been so active. I would definitely look Peter up again if I returned to Sydney, and I'm sure he's found some new places to go in the meantime. Excellent experience!

1  Thank SpotAres

"Pleasantly tired" is how I feel at the end of each work day, and how I'd hope everyone who tours with me also feels

Reviewed October 30, 2012

After years of accumulated tourist and foodie knowledge of his home city, Peter is a great guide, able to take you places the majority of commercial operators don't go, and where you can't make it on public transport without a great deal of effort. Suburban streets that open out with magical views, the best beaches, where the surf is running, where to have a swim without being knocked over in the surf. Peter is able to present the first-timer with a tailored itinerary, matching their intersts, or meet the individual requests of those more familiar with the city.

If you are a plane-spotter,Ppeter knows where to pull up the van and wave at the pilots on a 747 bound for Los Angeles; bushwalkers with an interst in Aboriginal rock carvings in the Sydney basin - Peter's your go-to guide. Want to swim in a harbour pool best known only to a select few locals? Ask Peter to take you!

We went to the lower North Shore, West Head in Kuring-gai National Park, and the Northern Beaches and North Head, all in one day. We bit off a bit more than we could chew - and I would recommend limiting your geographic spread a little. A good day could be an early-ish start, with a coffee stop at Balmoral Beach, then taking in the views from West Head (see photos), lunch at the Boathouse at Palm Beach, if it's a Sunday perhaps a walk up to the lighthouse for a tour, and a swim at one of the ocean baths. If you're still up to it, the view down the harbour from North Head is well worth it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed what was a packed day on the northside. I agree, it has abundance of visual delights!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Peter, from Bailey's Sydney took me ALL over Sydney. From the Eastern Suburbs to the Northern Beaches to Lakemba...and countless places in between. We ate at great, out of the way restaurants, visited secluded city beaches, found great views of the city, ocean and harbour. Peter is a wealth of information about the places you will drive to...and through...and he knows the city like the back of his hand. He's also smart, interesting and extraordinairly entertaining. We didn't do many of the touristy things...I did those on my own...but I saw Sydney like few other tourists have, I reckon! And it was great!

Thanks for your interest in all aspects of my town, and your desire for and appreciation of the bespoke nature of Bailey's Sydney also