“Lovely food and attentive service”
Review of Oxford Social - CLOSED

Oxford Social
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This was a gem. Great service, nice wine and excellent food. The special on the night was Coq au Vin. It was just delicious, the mashed potato had my husband reaching for mine as well. A top night, great value as well. Top marks for a lovely meal in relaxed surroundings

135OxfordSocial, Guest Relations Manager at Oxford Social, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear teepee4,

Thank you for sharing your review, I appreciate your feed back especially as a Top Contributor. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and am pleased to hear you received great service for which we always aim.
We believe in excellent service but with that personal touch, in a relaxing setting. I am so glad you enjoyed your meal, the Coq au Vin is certainly popular and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Oxford Social

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Four of us ate at the Oxford Social last week and had a great meal. The menu was interesting and seasonal and we all ended up eating three courses as it was so delicious! We tried the fish and meat options between us and they were all very good. The team working there are all friendly and courteous and made us feel welcome. The immediate area around the restuarant isn't particularly nice but there are some good pre-dinner bars tucked away within walking distance.

135OxfordSocial, Guest Relations Manager at Oxford Social, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Katie M,

Thank you for your kind review, it is pleasing to hear when we delivered the high standard of service which we always aim for and I am so glad the team contributed to the quality of your dining experience at Oxford Social .

Oxford Street certainly is an eclectic place, and we are proud to be part of the change for the better in the area. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Where to spend your 75th birthday in a friendly place with great food?
Thankyou Tripadvisor... we chose Oxford Social because we liked what we'd read, and we were not disappointed.
Six of us arrived from New Zealand to join our Sydney families, and 14 were booked for dinner to mark this momentous occasion.
I was the Birthday Girl, and I could not have been happier.
Our hosts were superb, and nothing was a problem, even when the notorious latecomers arrived an hour late.
This was one of the happiest nights of my life, and I cannot praise Oxford Social enough.
The wine recommendations were fantastic, and as for the food... it just kept on coming and satisfied every guest from the vegetarian to the carnivours.
Nothing was too much trouble for the wonderful team in the kitchen, and everyone left with happy smiles.
The big question they asked was: Can we do this next year?
Oxford Social... you are fantastic!.

135OxfordSocial, Guest Relations Manager at Oxford Social, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Wurfit,

We think you are fantastic too, and thank you for celebrating your Birthday with us. We certainly would love to have you back next year for your birthday but hope we will see you in the mean time. We like to think we have a good though finely honed selection of meals for Vegetarians and the meat lover. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining evening with us at Oxford Social and that you you found it All to be fantastic. Thank you for sharing your review. Once Again we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food lived up to our expectations, we had high expectations since it is so highly ranked on Tripadvisor! We had the seared scallops to start our meal, followed by main courses (steak and salmon) and then chocolate dessert (can't seem to recall the specifics for the dessert now, but it was good). Loved the scallops!

The food was great but the service was so-so for us - I guess it was due to this group of people visiting this quiet restaurant - They seemed to be regulars and the staff paid much more attention to them. We had a good seat facing the glass doors so we could people watch. The quiet ambience was good as well.

Overall, I will recommend others to try this place! We spent $35-40 each.

Dear iamboring,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining evening with us at Oxford Social and that you had a good experience with our food. As for the service, I apologize that it wasn't quite as you saw it to what may have been regulars, you should have felt the same, as we like to treat all our guests as if you are our personal guests. I have spoken to the team to remain conscious of this in future.
Thank you for sharing your review, I hope We have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Great food at reasonable prices. I had the prawns which was pretty good. Excellent service. I requested for my steak to be medium. It came slighly well done and they promptly changed it. They also offered deserts on the house! Had the creme brulee which was also good.

Dear TravelingTeo,

Thank you dining with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always good to hear from our guests on how we are doing, especially from one who had an issue which we were able to correct, thank you.
I was so pleased that you found our food to be reasonably priced and the creme brûlée good. We look forward to welcoming you back at Oxford Social.