“Great views, nice food”
Review of Searock Bar

Searock Bar
Ranked #74 of 238 Nightlife in Sydney
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had lunch here with a friend yesterday. Terrific place to admire the views at Circular Quay. Food was very nice but over-priced. With the exception of one surly brunette behind the bar the service was ok. Bizarre that they don't have table service, can only put that down to cost. Overall this restaurant pulls it off due to the view and tasty food.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Best thing about this restaurant is the location. Right in Circular Quay with a great view of the harbour bridge.

There is no table service, so, headed to the bar to order food and a couple of glasses of wine. Had to queue for a few minutes as there were others ahead in the line. When I ordered the staff seemed a bit frazzled as there were 4 people queued up behind me waiting to order.

Food arrived after around 20-25 minutes. Unfortunately, the lemongrass chicken & vegetables was completely lacking flavour. The 'trio of sliders' were not any better, and to be honest, was expecting more for the price paid for them - for example - the southern style chicken slider was a small piece of chicken schnitzel with lettuce in a small slider bun.

I agree with others, that this is definitely a tourist spot, and that is what you are paying for - its definitely not the quality of the food.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

You pay for the location here - not the food or service. You order food at the bar, which is usually ok, but not when the person taking your order acts as if she wishes she was anywhere else - totally distracted and disinterested. She asked us several times to repeat what we wished to order due to her inattention. I asked her to split the bill 50-50 and handed her my credit card. When my friend handed her his card to pay the other 50%, she said she had put it all on my card. I guess she couldn't be bothered splitting the bill, or telling us she wouldn't split the bill. The nachos ($17) were terrible, the Caesar salad ($19.50) was a far cry from a Caesar salad, and the fish and chips ($24) dish was two puny pieces of over-battered fish. We ordered the only rose' wine on the list but of course they were out of it. The Totara Marlborough New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was fine ($42) if overpriced. When the salt shaker didn't produce any salt and I asked one of the servers for another one, you would have thought I had asked her to swim across Sydney Harbour by the look on her face. Never again.

1  Thank TravellingTex
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It is a ”seat yourself and order at the bar” restaurant but there is a casual maitre-de who really annoyed me … there was a queue waiting for tables but she completely blanked me (I was at the head of the queue) as she so busy looking at the young men behind me in the queue! The food was very good, it came relatively quickly after ordering and they had done my steak to my exact requirements. The views of the bridge are great but it is busy location.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am writing this as I sit at the table at Searock feeling ripped off. We ordered two sharing plates: salt and pepper squid and "Johnny's fish cakes". The fish cakes were really only fried potato patties with some small shreds of smoked salmon on top. The squid was under cooked, so that it still had that slimy texture if raw calamari.
The table wait staff were friendly, but the two girls behind the bar are surly and unfriendly.
Definitely a tourist ripoff spot, since the prices do not in any way reflect the quality.

1  Thank Johno1962