“New favorite place in town”

The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room
Ranked #374 of 5,992 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Charming. Stylish. Cheeky. The Morrison has arrived.Fraser Short and Sean Connolly invite you on a culinary and cocktail journey through heritage Sydney. Open lunch & Dinner 7 days a week and breakfast Monday - Friday. What was the old Brooklyn Hotel is now the beautifully refurbished Morrison Bar and Oyster Room.Dine with friends at communal tables in The Oyster Room, an informal affair where you can watch centre stage as Australia’s finest oysters are shucked-to-order. The Conservatory is The Morrison’s open air terrace which offers a private but stylish setting under the stars, cocktail in hand and a la carte menu to feast on. The bustling Parlour is the destination that allows you to unwind the working week surrounded by friends for a long and late as you like.The restaurant menu is grown up. Executive Chef Sean Connolly’s international experience shines, reflecting his signature style of seasonal produce, cooked on the bone and in the shell wherever possible.Feel at home among friends as we invite you to be captured in the unique experience of charm and style that is The Morrison.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Morrison is my new favorite place in town! I only make it to Sydney once every few months, but I was delighted to try out the Morrison on my last trip. I was meeting up with friends and the location is just so convenient, close to circular quay and the rocks - a great central place to meet up! The service was on the spot and professional, we felt well looked after, the oysters were as fresh and delicious as they come and the cocktails were amazing. No reasons to like Oysters either, as I would always come back for the Chilli Crab Linguine!!

1  Thank Sasquatsch
There are newer reviews for The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place is always full with a buzzing atmosphere and we are there most weekdays after work for a drink or for lunch or dinner - the food and service is simply first-rate, these guys actually know what they're doing!

1  Thank Alex A
Reviewed November 17, 2012

One of my favourite places in the city for drinks with friends. Good feel bar and good service. It has a good quality feel and the food is good. Not much of an Oyster fan but my frieds loved the oyster bar!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I really can't understand restaurants that laugh at their customers by charging a fortune to be presented with a nearly empty plate. For a main course to cost $30's + is to me bordering on expensive but ok if it comes with vegetables or salad or something, but for it to be that much and then have to pay $8's for each vegetable side you have is taking the mickey big time.This is the latest in a long list of restaurants that strokes pretentious peoples ego's but the worst thing about that statement is the sad fact that there are a hell of a lot of those kinds of people out there to keep places like this going. I went because it was for my wife's birthday but was booked by other people so couldn't get out of it but it's not somewhere I would choose to go to. Even Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We did not have a booking but were shown to a table quite quickly. It was very busy and noisy but had a great vibe. Our oysters arrived promptly and were deliciously fresh. Unfortunately it then all came to a grinding halt. I had to ask three times for my glass of wine and when the mains did eventually arrive they were ok. Don't recommend the Caesar salad. The wait staff did notice that we had been somewhat ignored and they redeemed themselves beautifully by then offering us free deserts (we hadn't complained). They were terrific and we really recommend the peanut butter and jelly sandwich - it's not what you think!