“Great Breakfast Place”

Ranked #9 of 57 Bakeries in Sydney
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Staying just around the corner from F&S we walked down for breakfast rather than paying 27AUD each for a buffet breakfast in hotel. Instead we got "egg and soldiers" for him and an excellent Granola for me, along with some really good coffee, the space is a little cramped, this is a bakery with tables rather than a restaurant, but the steady stream of breakfast time customers picking up coffee and sweet or savoury bakes shows it's not the space, but the quality of the items which matters. Good value and half the price of the hotel option.

1  Thank JaneTaubman

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great place for a quick coffee and a delicious pastry! Really friendly service! Wish I lived closer, I would go here all the time!

1  Thank A J
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hole in the wall inner eastern sydney bakery with good coffee and fantastic range of cute iced gingerbread. Great for kids and for the adults who can sneak a bite when paying for them. Squeezy to eat in but bustle, friendly and regulars know the drill

1  Thank POPs13
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Picked up a coffee and bran muffin to go. Both were great. I'll be back there tomorrow. It's a short walk through Hyde Park and then down the hill.

1  Thank CanadaGuest2012
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular at Flour and Stone and z complete fan of many of there delectable treats.

This Saturday my 11 year old daughter couldn't resist her favourite - gruyere, zucchini and chilli roll (bun) with a little butter. Delicious and the zing of the chilly is delicious.

My favourite is the pannacotta laming ton, but alas they were sold out when we arrived after 3pm. No problem! Heaps of other yummy options, so the choc and raspberry tart won. Fresh juicy berries and delicious smooth and just-rich-enough chocolate.

To take away, my favourite ginger stem stem & choc cookies. I enjoyed one today with a coups at home.

I also have a Fine Apple Tart - my 2nd favourite dessert - on order for a party this Sat night.

Thanks Nadine and the team at Flour and Stone for bringing such beautiful looking, and deliciously tasty, treats to a cute cafe in inner Sydney. Lucky us!

1  Thank Amanda W