“Tourist Trap”
Review of Searock Grill

Searock Grill
Ranked #182 of 5,833 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breathtaking views over glimmering Sydney Harbour coupled with the soft sea breeze perfectly compliment the fresh seafood and a delicious and innovative contemporary Australian menu at Searock Grill. Our high standards in the kitchen are mirrored by our service team who always strive to make your experience memorable. Whether it’s a lazy lunch, romantic dinner or a glamorous private function, Searock Grill will look after all your dining needs and create an enjoyable and memorable experience. Enjoy dining in a relaxing and elegant restaurant setting that the Harbour side offers, and the delicious freshest seafood Circular Quay has to offer.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Tourist Trap”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Decieded on this place as the food looked quite nice but on going inside to order our food its nothing but a glorified sports bar . All the places along this strip all have pretty girls outside to attract customers in and are perfectly pleasant . I was surprised to have to go inside to order our food . We both had fish and chips and to be fair it was delicious but also like everything else in Australia expensive AUS$18 each together with a glass of wine and a cocktail came to nearly £50. Nice views and great for a one off

• Visited November 2012
Alexandra L, General Manager at Searock Grill, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I believe you dined at Searock Bar, not Searock Grill; our neighbour, which is a more relaxed and informal setting where customers can enjoy a beverage whilst also enjoying casual dining.

In regards to your meal review, both Searock Grill and Searock Bar use the freshest, highest quality, local Seafood, delivered fresh daily from our trusted supplies. A main seafood course plus a glass of wine for $18 is great value in Sydney, when it comes to fresh seafood from an experienced Chef.

We would love the opportunity to discuss the issues you encountered further. You can reach our management team directly at info@searock.com.au

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
central coast
“Very nice, but expensive”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Searock Grille at Circular Quay. We opted for the pre-show set menu. Service was the fastest I have ever had in Sydney. I had chicken wings with blue cheese dressing and hubby had calamari. He said it was nice( I'll take his word for it!!). Chicken was very good.
I had steak and potato, he had steak and veg so that we could share potato and veg. I thought a few veg on the plate should have come with the meal. Very tasty, steak was done to perfection and I am really picky about that. It was pretty expensive $39 per head. No bread or dessert. Don't know if I would have eaten there due to price if not for the set menu. Really good option if you are going to the theatre. Opera bar was packed!

London, United Kingdom
“Searock Grill not cafe”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This "cafe" has the same address as the Searock Grill so see other reviews as well. The grill has very few reviews unlike the cafe so check out both for a rounded opinion of what its really like.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Expensive alternative to Opera Bar”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We opted for a quieter location than the Opera Bar on a saturday night and chose the Searock Grill. Three of us dined - 2 sharing the Ocean feast and 1 opting for steak with baked potatoe. The seafood was good and presented spectacularly. The soft shelled crab was to die for. The steak was excellent. On the downside the potatoe could have been 2 days old - it was not fluffy. The staff were overworked, finger bowls took ages to appear and prawns can be messy.
It is an excellent location, although that means pricey as well but at the end of the day I do feel ripped off with a $3 pp cover charge and just as much for an egg cup of mushroom sauce for the steak. I'll do the Opera Bar next time.

Arlington, Virginia
“Eat elsewhere”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a first for me-a 2 star review but I feel I need to inform potential customers: The location is great-Circular Quay with fantastic views of the harbor-this is almost where the favorable review ends. My wife and I had dinner here recently, I was craving a steak, so we decided to try the Searock Grill (they advertise steaks on their window). I ordered the ribeye and a baked potato, which was decent. My wife started out with the octopus salad, and when it arrived it was just chopped lettuce with a skimpy amount of octopus and no flavor profile at all. For her main course she ordered the spaghetti with shrimp and a cabernet sauce. What she received was linguini with shrimp, a sauce that could hardly pass for a red wine sauce, and a lot of smoked ham that dominated the dish. Smoked ham in a seafood dish? The experience was disappointing given the location. I did inform the manager after the meal and he eagerly listened, but I suspect there are issues with the kitchen staff that need to be addressed before this place gets any favorable reviews for food.