“Birthday lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was lucky enough to be taken to La Croix recently for a belated birthday lunch.

My friends had asked where I wanted to go - I had not been and had heard about La Croix from others ... so suggested that as our lunch venure.

No disappointments here.

The lunch was delicious - I had a wonderful Salad Nicoise and my companions enjoyed other salads from the menu - all looked wonderful.

The staff were attentive - courteous and helpful when discussing the menu choices.

One thing we all loved was the concept store. The french antiques are glorious as are the candles, mirrors and other decorative pieces.

Cant wait to go back and would recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Been to The Cross a few times. Nice short menu which is well priced. I had the La Croix breakfast which was good except the tomato was tasteless, but hey, it ain't Italy. Possibly the best ambiance of any cafe in Sydney. Terrific!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

What else could you ask for? Perfect light wines to sip on with lunch items that are poppingly fresh and stunning to look at on the plate. I love the salad given to diners pre the arrival of the orders. Gaze at the colourful market outside the door and browse the imaginative and unusal collection of items for sale inside. An excellent experience and one to bring Sydney visitors to for a light lunch.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I have been to La Croix a couple of times, it's in the Paris area of Potts Point.
Once for lunch and then again for afternoon tea, I love the fusion of this stylish cafe, restaurant. Browse amongst the French antiques gorgeous candles, mirrors and girandoles either have coffee and pastries , or well presented lunch. Found the staff In restaurant very friendly with no attitude, had a problem which they treated with great respect and understanding and we felt able to return without any embarrassment, The problem was out of our control, rare to find such pleasant staff. The apple dessert which we shared was divine. Good food and super ambience, would recommend just for the experience of the many glittering chandeliers. champagne and a dessert just perfect.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

You can walk past this narrow doorway and miss it very easily, but once inside - there is a narrow galley type area with coffee service, then a couple of much bigger rooms open up.
The area is packed full of antiques and exciting interesting items to buy.
The food is French cafe style and very authentic.
For a lover of pate and bagutte I just cannot get enough
Friendly service - just so worth a visit.