“Great pre theatre service last night”
Review of Hickson Road Bistro - CLOSED

Hickson Road Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Congratulations to Hickson Bistro for great food and speedy attentive service last night before start of "The Secret River" at STC.
We had a selection of entrees and shared a bottle of sensational "Spring Vale" chardonnay from Tasmania (Freycinet - help support the region after devastating bush fires this summer).

Food was great, service prompt and we were served and seated in 45 minutes.

Great work team!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We are regulars at the Sydney Theatre but this was the first time we tried the Bistro.
My prejudices wouldn't believe a restaurant attached to a theatre would be reliable but we were pleasantlly surprised.
The menu looked fine and I would like to have tried the Fish Pie but it took longer than the time we had.
We both though had the pork which was better than we have had in other restaurants.
Parking is difficult to get if you arrive too late so it makes more sense to arrive early and eat at the Bistro now that I know the food is fine.
The value is fine, cheaper than I have found in other restaurants in the past couple of weeks.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

If it is important to get to the show on time, this restaurant and locationcannot be faulted. It's menu is excellent, catering for all tastes, and the food dependable in quality. Most of our party tried the fish pie, recommended by other reviewers and were not disappointed. The sweet courses were good, showing a flair for design, whilst the wine ranges met needs. All in all, a venue to visit again. The waiters were attentive to theater schedules ensuring we had time for getting to our seats, whilst portions were sufficient to ensure no theater post meal slumber!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you want the Fish Pie, order early! Beautiful service from the staff. Pasta was my second choice but I was glad I'd ordered it. We all loved our meal. It was delicious and there was plenty of it.
Parking so convenient at the Theatre and inexpensive. We so had a great weekend afternoon. Save dessert for the interval with coffee
Order Coffee and Cake so its ready in Interval!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I went to the Hickson Road Bistro prior to a performance of Yes Prime Minister. The food was great, you did not feel at all rushed and overall the experience was very pleasant. The service was good and it was so easy to park that it lead to a very relaxing evening out. We both had steak and it was "melt in the mouth" tender and yet very tasty at the same time. All in all a very good experience.