“Lots of fun photo opportunities”

Madame Tussauds Sydney
Madame Tussauds Sydney Entrance Ticket
Ranked #82 of 551 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Madame Tussauds Sydney features an all-star cast of the world’s best known personalities and heroes, including A-list celebrities, sports heroes, rock legends, world leaders and an array of home-grown Australian legends. Madame Tussauds Sydney is a new breed of attraction, with interactivity at the heart of the experience. Get up close, touch and even hug the figures. You can also grab the props to make your photos even more authentic!With a fascinating history dating back to the Paris of 1770, Madame Tussauds is quite literally a labour of love spanning 200 years of expertise and research. Each wax figure is crafted with unprecedented skill, artistry and accuracy. It takes over 800 hours of work and 20 artists to make just one wax figure.Madame Tussauds Sydney is the thirteenth Madame Tussauds attraction opened worldwide and the fifth of its kind in the Asia Pacific region.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My son (17 years old) and I had great fun visiting Madame Tussauds on a recent visit to Sydney. My son had great fun posing with all the celebrities while having his photo taken.
I have been to the one in London and although Sydney is not as big it is still good. One thing though; if you don't know much about Australian sports stars and celebrities some of the wax models will be a bit of a mystery.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)
All reviews
in 22 reviews
"photo opportunities"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wax models were very well made just like those in the original Madame Tussauds in London. More limited models but geared towards local Aussie celebrities. Very well laid out and not crowded even though it was the school holidays crowd.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had a great time visiting Madame Tussauds for my birthday. Mostly.
As we arrived and throughout the museum they have professional photographers which take your photo with displays and props. We advised we didn't want any and were happy to keep looking but they were lovely and told us we should just do it for fun and there is no obligation to buy any of the photos. Once we reached the end a staff member handed us the photos. My partner and I had a quick discussion making sure we were happy to not buy them as we intended to which the staff member rudely replies to us "So you don't even want to have a look at them."
We said no thanks before he snatched them from my hands, threw them on the counter and stormed away while mumbling "Fine, whatever".
It's a pretty big let down seeing as that's the last impression you're left with and because of that I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Teens loved 1D visit and new 'people' staring here this time. Liked how it changes. Very easy to access and even though was a long weekend, didn't have any major waiting times.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went to Madame Tussauds for the first time and I thought the wax models and variety of people on display was wonderful. The models are so lifelike and yet you can go in and take your photo with any of them.

Yes its rather $$$ to get in but worth it. I have not been to any other Madame Tussauds so can't compare but did enjoy the wonder around. Just watch out at the start the staff take your photo then when you get to the end of the tour you can pay $30.00 for your shocking photo on a surf board, thought that was a rip off.