Macquarie Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Travelodge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)
$270
$209
$164
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$140
$117
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$96
$80
$262
$238
$186
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$184
$124
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2008

DON'T STAY HERE!! Worst place to stay in Australia! Not only are the rooms nasty, and infested with cockaroaches, but we were robbed, by someone who has a key to the rooms. After a day in the city we come back to our room ripped apart our luggage all over the place and all our money and valubles gone!! We lost about $6000.00 Dollars. We filed a police report and after they were done investigating the hotel managment were very rude and in a hurry to get rid of us. I strongly suspect the manager Amanda J for being responsible. So tell everyone you know not to stay here, It's best for a crooked business like this to go down!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pitviper
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Here you get the 3 C's. Clean, comfortable and convenient. A 3 minute walk will get you to Museum Station and a 15 minute walk to Chinatown and the city centre. There is plenty of hot water and good shower pressure. Breakfast-in-a-box was more than adequate and tea & coffee in the room was good. The bed was very cozy and the plasma T.V. worked fine,although it took a while to find where channels were located on the remote-no big deal, but a bit frustrating when you just want to veg out. The lift had to be unlocked by the staff to use it, but it wasn't too much of a hardship to use the stairs although it would be, I'd imagine, for those whose fitness is a bit below par. The staff was helpful and friendly and I was upgraded for my 2 day stay. At $80 a night I was more than happy. Over the years I have paid a lot more for a lot less. I will stay again next time I am in Sydney.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank ella-saatchi
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Well, what to say about this hotel...

On a positive note, its cheap, good central location and staff were friendly, what you'd expect.

Now the negatives. We viewed this hotel on the internet and thought it looked nice so we booked. We arrived on a bank holiday and found the place all locked up with nobody in sight, we actually thought the place had closed down! Reception not obvious at all.

When we actually got in, our room we were given was more like a cupboard....no windows, dark, shabby ceiling and incredibly inhospitable. We asked for a room change and were duly given one. The pictures DO NOT resemble the hotel in our view.

The new room was satisfactory, with the exception of cockroaches which visited us in the night. We were on first floor, so had to use the stairwell to from the premises and found further dead cockroaches here.

In summary, if you are on a budget, we'd recommend the place, if not splash the cash and find somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank royalsfan1
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I stayed here for a week last year and paid a very reasonable price - about $70 per night from memory, via a last minute rates site. Great value! The room was clean, quite spacious, with a TV, kettle, and mini fridge. The bathroom was lovely - very new, tiled, clean. Towels got changed daily, and were fluffy, white, and huge!

While the inlcuded breakfast was simple - toast, cereal, fruit, coffee - the coffee was *real* coffee. Having a latte every morning was a real treat!

Management were very friendly, and helped me in arranging transfers. Watch out if you have a lot of bags though - sometimes it's hard to snag the elevator.

Great value, great location - Oxford St is around the corner, the CBD is literally up the road! I'd stay there again!

Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank buns123
Reviewed June 11, 2007

What is good............
the continental breakfast included, and for 5 AUD you can upgrade to a monster full cooked job.
It is cheap. it has a good coffee shop on site.
it is in a very useful location.

What is not so good.
where to start....................
At 1800, I called them to make sure that the reception / bottle shop would still be open when I arrived at 2230. Oh yes, no problems mate, we will be here.
Well, they were not.
I bashed the windows and doors until the bar manager came out and rescued me. She explained that as they were not busy, they had decided to close early.

My room, where I am writing this now, is small, scruffy, cold with broken furniture. I dont think the refurb has reached the top floor yet! Certainly, the pictures on the hotels website do not match my reality now.

The route from the street entrance to my toom is via the most untidy, dirty staircase that just gets more depressing as you go up it.

No way would I stay here again, never mind the price.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo