“very happy”

Central Station Hotel
Ranked #81 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in an upgraded balcony room and were very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and reasonably spacious with modern touches this was way over our expectations for the price.Staff were very helpful and the location is pretty central. would recommend this hotel

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Central Station Hotel

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I visited our daughter in Sydney and thought the Deluxe King room was lovely, freshly renovated with everything you need for a short stay, and extremely clean.
The location was great as it was so central, easy access to buses and the trains. We went to an event at Olympic Park and was so handy to be able to jump on the train and not worry about getting a taxi at any point.
We would book this room on our next visit.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne P
HollyC311, Manager at Central Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Central Station Hotel. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in the King room. We are indeed in a great location for exploring the city. Be sure to mention you've stayed with us before when making your next booking, we have some great specials for repeat guests.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had to ask for hairdryer and ironing board as the room didn't have either. Stayed three nights, no extra soap, shampoo or conditioner were provided after the initial night. Beds weren't made, just the covers pulled up and clean towels put on them, facecloths weren't changed and disappeared completely after the second night.
The bathroom wasn't cleaned during our stay, nor the carpets vacuumed, bedside table legs were very dusty. Wires hanging from ceiling above the closet.
Very small for what was advertised as a Deluxe King. The photo shows plenty of room and nice sized beds, quite misleading. Rooms aren't soundproofed very well as there's a gap under the door so anyone returning late/early (5am in one case) can be heard, as well as doors slamming.
Reception staff were pleasant and the free wifi was good, as was the aircon.
Not a terrible hotel but not a good one either, had more of a travelodge feel.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed in Sydney for a week whilst completing a short course during summer. I picked this hotel because it seemed to be near Central station (easy access to public transport) and the room rates were relatively cheap. I wasnt quite sure what to expect as there had been a few negative reviews posted on tripadvisor. But I thought I'd give it a go anyway and I honestly loved my stay! My room was modern (obviously freshly renovated) and very clean. I never had a problem with housekeeping - always returning to a beautiful clean room at the end of my day. The room itself was "cozy" - not much floor space left once a queen bed, a few bedside tables and a suitcase is in there - but as a single traveller who was holidaying on a budget, it was everything I needed!
The hotel was a little further away from Central station than I initially thought - about a 10 minute walk? But still a very convenient location. The Capitol theatre is just a few minutes walk from the hotel, as is a Coles and a few convenience stores. Dining options are a little limited in the immediate area. Theres a restaurant on the other end of the block at the "Vibe" hotel which has a good selection of meals and is open until late most nights. Otherwise, if you're happy to walk - the city is just around the corner.

I would definitely stay here again. The staff were friendly and helpful, the price was great and the room was well-kept. Theres not much I would change. A great hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here at the end of my Australian holiday. I chose an executive room in the recently renovated part of the hotel and was very impressed indeed. The room was small but very modern and well appointed. The rainfall shower was great. The view of the service alley was not so good but all in all a great place and for the price well worth it.

Room Tip: choose an executive room in the renovated part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife our baby and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights while we went to the Sydney Festival. We had the corner room studio room on level 3 with great views up toward Central Station. The room was nice and big, the shower had a rain head which was a nice touch and the price was reasonable. Our bub enjoyed the kids channel on Foxtel and the free Wifi helped. They must have done a reno fairly recently as everythig is pretty much new. The reception is great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Without a doubt the worst hotel experience ever! Arrived in the morning and cloaked my luggage and headed to the cricket. Received a call in the afternoon to inform me that my rooms were ready, so far so good. Arrived at the hotel at 18:30 to complete check in. The foyer was already filling up with angry people due to the sheer incompetence from the front desk. They went on to inform me that the rooms were in fact not ready, or even available. I booked 2 rooms weeks ago but apparently this genius could not understand the booking. Come 20:30 I finally got into my rooms after being guaranteed they were spotless, one of which was upgraded to a queen room, although they just pushed 2 single beds together. In one of the rooms the toilet was covered in faeces although it had the paper seal over the lid indicating that it was clean. I immediately went down to reception and let fly about how disguted I was. The lady at the desk said the room will be cleaned and we went out for dinner and drinks. In the morning it was apparent that the cleaner decided to take some personal belongings from the bathroom. This place is a joke and I suggest that you don't be fooled by the reasonable price. Stay far away.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank MauriceHamilton111
HollyC311, Manager at Central Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

I would like to apologise for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually strive to provide our guests with the very best service and product possible. Unfortunately, in this case we did not achieve this. I will look into each issue that you noted to ensure that we correct and improve our hotel policies.

I would invite you to contact me personally at 02 9212 1005 or email me at holly.clugston@centralstationhotel.com, to discuss this with you further.

Regards,