“Park Lodge Hotel - Where's the Park?”
Review of Park Lodge Hotel

Park Lodge Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sydney
Park Lodge Hotel
Ranked #129 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Chicago, Illinois
“Park Lodge Hotel - Where's the Park?”
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I would not recommend this hotel at all. I don’t mind an older establishment, but this place needs not only updating but a thorough cleaning. We had the King Superior Room, which included a private balcony which was an accident waiting to happen, overlooking a 6 lane highway that never stopped (not the sweeping park view as promised). From the moment you entered the hotel, you can smell a strong musty scent throughout the hotel and room. I thought the attendant was kidding when he said they charge $5.00 per movie from their ancient movie collection, but then I got in to the room to find they also charge you for the use of their room safe. In the past I’ve never changed rooms on a business trip or vacation, but I couldn’t stay there and insisted they look into not charging me the cancellation fee. They charged me a fraction, which was OK with me, I just wanted OUT. We only stayed the night, only because I already paid and to secure another hotel near Hyde Park. The place gave us the creeps. And remember, we had one of their “Superior” Rooms.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Old and rundown - Musty
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2007

I booked to stay two nights at this hotel and stayed for about four hours.
The place is totally run down. I have to agree with previous comments about it needing a makeover. Would probably be better to demolish the place.
The place smells stale, the carpets furnishings and rooms are all totally out of date. Looks like they shopped at a yard sale to furnish the place.
They have the nerve to charge for almost everything they offer, internet, breakfast, video rental.
The place markets itself as gay owned and run. During the short time I was there I saw at least five straight couples.
If you are looking for gay accomodation avoid this place at all costs. If i was gonna stay in a straight hotel I preferred an upmarket chain closer to the city. Finally when I checked out the woman on reception didn't seem that bothered that I had only been there four hours and didn't question why I was leaving. Which makes me think it must be a regular occurence.

• Liked — The way out
  • Disliked — The way in
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Yorkshire1967

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 15, 2006

My partner and I stayed at the gay owned/operated Park Lodge Hotel for 7 nights in March/April '06. The hotel has a wonderful staff to assist you, is located in a nice residential neighborhood and was a good value for the money. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Pros: price, staff, generally comfortable, good heat and a/c, and in close proximity to restaurants, grocery store, laundry, buses. Cons: older hotel with dated furnishings in need of improvement and update/upgrade, cleanliness was avg, musty smell, charges for basic breakfast and internet usage, and about 1 mile to Oxford Street. If you are interested in seeing Sydney, we would recommend a hotel that is closer to both Oxford Street and downtown Sydney, such as the Comfort Inn Cambridge Hotel (adj to Oxford), or any hotel around Hyde Park (equal distance of 4-8 blocks to Oxford and the hub of downtown).

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank Blondesteven
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 24, 2004

Probably the friendliest hotel I have stayed at in all my travels. I think the staff really enjoy working there and it shows. Highly recommended.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Inner South
Inner South
Central Railway Hotel
Central Railway Hotel
#43 of 175 in Sydney

Been to Park Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!