“Not exactly your money's worth”

The Rocks Ghost Tours
Ranked #76 of 339 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join your Ghost Host on a ghost tour of The Rocks. Hear true stories of murder, suicide, hangings, hauntings and ghosts. Journey along the cobblestone lanes into the hidden areas of the birthplace of Australia. Enjoy exclusive access to many sites locked away from the public. All of these sites have reports of sightings and strange phenomena. You may encounter shades of the deceased still lingering amongst the living. Tours run every night. Book if you dare!
Bondi, Australia
“Not exactly your money's worth”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I found this tour was more of a historical informational tour which yes was ok and interesting to hear about but also i say it was quite boring the places we went were very lit up a lot of lights around also people eating a cafés and loud music so it was quite hard to get into the moment there was a lot of walking to do which we were expecting so I wasn't complaining about that but for the amount you pay It would have been nice to receive a bottle of water. Overall I don't believe I got my money's worth it was a bit steep to charge $43 I also believe there could have been more done in the tour to make it a bit more exciting. I must say the lady that toke us was very nice and quite funny. so if your looking for some hysterical facts about the rocks you would Injoy it but I wouldn't so much call it a ghost tour.

Visited April 2014

Narooma, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun history lesson”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Very informative and fun history lesson of The Rocks and of early Sydney as well as a fun
ghost tour. Our guide Maxine was really great fun

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Peter524
Auckland Region, New Zealand
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lots of learning and fun”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I really enjoyed the ghost tour and I take one in every city I visit. The guide, Gary was real fun and they give you flashlights which not enough do so that was nice. I just wish that the tour would go around more of Sydney because it concentrated only in the North Rocks area which is a small fraction of Sydney. Still, learned a lot of history and life in different times, and had lots of fun.

Visited March 2014
Perth
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rather boring tour”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This tour was not what we were expecting, we were hoping for some more dark and creepy stops, but instead were told a few stories in well lit places under the bridge, or near bars (which looked far more exciting). Most of the time was spent walking between the locations, which already mentioned - could of been accessed by the public. It was more of a history lesson than a Ghost Tour... The price was a bit steep for what it was, would expect to pay $25 for what it was. Had to give it to our guide Gary though, even though everyone was becoming tired and bored, he remained energetic and into his stories...
The scariest thing I saw on the whole experience was an nest of cockroaches in one of the ally ways...

Also make sure you go to the toilet before starting this tour as there isn't many places to stop and go along the way, except a stinky public toilet under the bridge..

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Lisa F
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Brilliant! No cheap theatrics just good storytelling”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Me and my other half love a good ghost tour and this one did not let us down. The stories were brilliantly gruesome and wonderfully unnerving. No silly jumping out or cheap stunts just really great tales. The areas were't particularly dark or somber so it did rely on your imagination to add to the stories, but they were so good it didn't take much. I felt like we really packed a lot into 2 hours, in fact I think we ran over slightly! Our guide was just perfect.
Go and have some fun!