The Maisonette
$209
$164
$186
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$140
$117
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$96
$80
$262
$238
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$184
$124
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftpotts pointkings crossshared bathroomchallis avenuebotanic gardensgreat locationsingle roomheavy luggagecafes and restaurantsthird floorfresh towelsrestaurant downstairsbus stopminute walkopera housewithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed for the second time at the Maisonette.location is great,especially for new years.nice streets way better then kings cross.the staff is very nice,they give good advise for walks en places to go.it is nice that they have budget rooms withshared bathrooms. You can hear some noise from the restaurant downstairs but it did not bother me.I would go there again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was struggling to find a decent hotel in Sydney, in a good location that I could afford. I was really happy with The Maisonette. Its situated in Potts Point which is quiet, chic-er neighbour to the hustle and bustle of Kings Cross. Having read other reviews I requested a quiet room with view - which we got! Our room was on the third floor (no lifts due to 1920's building) but the view of the cities skyscrapers above the 1920's buildings was amazing!
We had a huge bed (think it was queen sized) that was almost bigger than the room so left little space to move around. Despite loving the bed I think I would have prefer a bit more storage space instead as the tiny wardrobe couldn't really fit much of mine and my boyfriends stuff.
We had a room with a little kitchenette which meant we could save money on breakfast by making our own tea and coffee and heating pastries (there's a woolworths around the corner).
All in all I really liked the area, close to little restaurants and bars and about 10 minutes to Kings Cross station. Its also a 25 minute walk through the Botanical Gardens to Circular Quay and the Opera House and at £85 per night is pretty good value for money. The receptionist was really helpful when we checked in and provided us with a map of the area and told us where we could eat etc.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francesca M
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Its a good hotel, practicaly take 1 bus to go to darling harbour and city centre. Stay there for 4 days. Accomodation is not bad, acceptable i should say. Moreover, the area surrounding it seems to be more active at night with all the nighr club and such.

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Had to work in Sydney. But no expenses. The Maisonette was the best value above a hostel.

Room was tiny - double the width of a single room - with not even a wardrobe. But did have a small fridge and a kettle.

No air con. A huge ceiling fan.

The shower was shared, which was weird, but in all honesty I never even noticed my neighbours. And the shower was great. The first hotel in ages at any price that gave me a really powerful jet.

Best of all is the area. Out of door into a set of street cafes and bars. And a short walk into the financial centre around a harbour and through the botanic gardens. Beautiful.

But watch out for the 200 steps going back at night!

So it was basic, but fair value. I wouldn't take my family there, but it was exactly what I needed working to a tight budget. In any case, I am fed up with hotels putting a minibar into a room and pricing themselves as though they are a 'resort destination'

And I even got to do what any business traveller wants to do on an economy trip - lie on my bed with a beer in my hand, watching a giant fan spin above me, doing the opening screen from 'Apocalypse Now'

"This is the end; beautiful friend, the end"

Reviewed December 5, 2012

we stayed for 4 nights, knew what to expect re no elevator, no 24 hr reception etc. Superior room with kingsize bed was good. Towels changed daily, tea and coffee topped up daily. handy to metro and Kings Cross.

Room Tip: run the ceiling fan at night this will block out the cafe noise and keep the room cool
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends