“Steyed here several times”
Review of Rydges Camperdown

Rydges Camperdown
Ranked #157 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have stayed several times at this property and always feel i can fully relax here. Very handy for those visiting the RPA hospital - just over the road, and there is easy access by public transport into the nearby Sydney city centre. The building is of the Travelodge triangular style, with good size rooms with good facilities, including mini bar. Always clean, with good bedding, comfort is assured.Breakfast in the dining room is varied and plentiful, and the evening meal menu gives a good selection to choose from - and it is nicely prepared and presented. I cannot comment on the available car parking, which may be limited in the general area, but check with the hotel if this is a concern you may have to clarify. Coach parking is available for 3 coaches at the rear, with some careful reversing through a narrow entry to enter. I would recommend the hotel for people requiring a quiet and relaxing time, and can assure that the staff are very obliging and willing to assist with enquiries. There are also various cafes and restaurants nearby for those who prefer dining out The hotel gets my vote!

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the lift area
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Clair W, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Thanks Royvince for the great feedback! I'm pleased we have provided you with another great stay. Being in such a fantastic area affords us benefits such as the close proximity to Sydney University and RPA hospital. King Street has some great retaurants and within walking distance is a bonus. Again, thanks for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Clair Warner, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed here when giving a talk at the University of Sydney. It is convenient for this, but a bit far out of the CBD for much else. It is also looking a little tired on the inside. There are pubs close by and a great little supermarket to pick anything you might have forgotten.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges Camperdown. We are located in fantastic position here next to Sydney University. We are also located just a short walk from King Street which has some great restaurants. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Clair Warner, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Very old looking; great bed but the biggest problem is that the heating is set and cannot be changed during the winter. My room did not have an opening window so it was an oven. I resorted to leaving the room door open while I was awake. Not ideal for a women travelling on her own.

Room Tip: Get a room with an opening window
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Dianne1305. Thank you for your feedback. I'd like apologise for the temperature of the room being too warm. We do have a system which only heats the room during Winter months and cools during warmer months. We do reccommend guests switch the unit off and the rooms do cool down. We can also provide a fan to guests who find the temperature too warm. We have contacted maintenance to ensure nothing is wrong with the heating in that room, as your stay should not have been that uncomfortable. Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Kind Regards, Clair Warner, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've stayed here a few times over the last seven years and have given it the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't pretend to be flash and it isn't. But on this occasion, and I only checked in a minute ago, it has plunged to new depths. The two rooms I have been offered are dodgy. I paid, on their website, so not a discount site, their rate for a superior king - save me - this is amateur hour. Dingy, smelly and in dire need of attention. My advice is get a discount room at another place. Avoid this place at all costs. It is rubbish.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Willie R

Thank you for taking the time to review Rydges Camperdown. I'm sorry on this occasion your stay with us wasn't as pleasurable as previous visits. We are currently updating our rooms which will improve the overall appeal and look forward to this being completed in the upcoming months. We would like the oportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and leave a much better impression. If you wish to contact myself directly at the hotel to discuss this further, please do not hesitate. Kind Regards, Clair Warner, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The room had a great view, comfortable bed and location was perfect. The service provided by the staff was good. The hotel has not been updated so standard is quite old looking. There is nothing wrong with the hotel.

Room Tip: The city view was the best by far.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Lyndon, thank you for your review on Rydges hotel at Camperdown. I'm pleased to read that you found our location suitable for your travel purposes. I'm also very happy to read you received great service from our staff, thank you for the feedback. Hope to see you back in the near future. Clair Warner, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Close to Sydney Uni, RPA and the city. We stay here a couple of times a year on sporting trips and have a number of rooms booked including wheelchair accessible rooms. Granted they could do with a bit of an update, particularly the bathroom, but all rooms are very clean, comfortable and adequate. We have always found staff to be very helpful and friendly. We tend to stay on weekends when the restaurant is only opened for breakfast and I can highly recommend the buffet breakfast which is great. You can join Rydges Priority Guest Rewards (free) and receive a 10% discount on room, meal and parking prices which is well worth doing. They also have web check-in which makes the process quicker. They have free wifi in the reception area and paid wifi in room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donna S
Clair W, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see you enjoy your stays, and have mentioned several positive points that are in line with our goals in regards to the property, its location, and our team’s service to our guests.

I am also pleased to advise our WIFI access has recently been updated and is available throughout the hotel free of charge for all of our guests.
Our priority guest rewards membership does offer a 10% discount off our best available rate, as well as 20% off lunch and dinner in our restaurant. Unfortunately there is no discount on parking; we do however regularly check parking prices in our local area to keep our rates one of the cheapest available to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Clair Warner
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed with a friend we were on the 7th floor and had a room with a city view, the room was very comfortable, however, the bathroom does need an update.. We had dinner in the resturant which was delicious.. I would recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim M
Clair W, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and our dinner options in our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards,