Sydney Central Backpackers
$138
$131
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$134
$130
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$191
$202
$182
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$220
$118
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfriends stayed herefree breakfast isstayed here for a weektea and coffeeminute walklocation is greattrain stationopera housefridgescbdorm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed here several times, usually for a week at a time in a dorm room, the great location & easy directions from Danny & his staff made it very very easy to find my way around Sydney. From the moment I was picked up from the airport, via their free shuttle & bought into their hostel, I have experienced truly genuine, friendly staff & guests, I find the hostel very clean & inviting & also very socialable. The rooms were clean & they filled all of my requirements (beds, linen, windows, fans, fridge, power outlets, shelves, bins & other guests(new friends). I will again have the pleasure of staying for another week in October, next month, I look forward to relaxing & having a drink with you all :-X

Room Tip: Remember, this hostel is based in the middle of Kings Cross, so nightlife is always happening!! If you want to meet lots of people, get a dorm room:-), if you want a quieter room, ask for a room in the middle of the building. Rooms near the rooftop are designed for the people who like to be sociable & dont go to bed early. Always fun on the rooftop :-)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Cyäegha L
Reviewed June 9, 2013

When i arrived to Sydney , I stayed one week in Sydney Central Backpackers.
I had a such great experience! , it's an excellent stay for the price.
Great localisation too , the city center is at 15 min by walk, and there is a lot of bars and clubs near by.
Owner Danny and the staff are very friendly, always here if you need .
Cleaning room every day. Every room has a fridge.
Free breakfast
And the rooftop is awesome with barbecue too.
Would recommended and stay again !

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at sydney central for a long period of time. the hostel has a really homely and family envirnment. We even left sydney and came straight back there when we returned. You have your own fridge's and sinks in your room so you dont have to worry about putting your food in a communal fridge's for it to get stolen.

It has a roof top which has great views and good to drink on with all the amazing poelpe that you will meet staying there.You are also in walking distance to the train station and a 10 minute walk into the city for when you want to see the sites of sydney. For when you want a night out all the backpacker clubs are a small walk away but its good because the hostel is off the road from all of them so you dont hear any of the noise of kings cross as I have done in the past staying at other hostel's in kings cross.

i would recommend this hostel for people to stay at, I had the best time staying there. met some amazing people and became really good friends with the staff there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Reviews for this hostel vary, the only bad thing I have to say is the kitchen is a little small but never seems to be an issue for anyone, every hostel I've stayed in sydney has a busy dinner period no matter how large the facilities are.
I have stayed in this hostel for a couple of months now as have many people I know here.
Rooms are cleaned every morning and vacuumed as long as your reasonably tidy with your belongings and don't cover the floor.
Bathrooms are cleaned first thing in the morning, after lunch and later in the evening.
24 hour reception, foxtel in the common area, and recently updated wifi.
Always nights to go out on and a great rooftop for weekend socialising in good weather with views of the bridge and opera house.
I would recommend this hostel for anyone ages between 18 and 30!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I'm a student backpacker and stayed at sydney central backpackers for 2 nights before moving on to chili blue backpackers. I had found Sydney Central Backpackers (SCB) really nice at first glance, but I've then found it quite dirty (the kitchen especially). The room's where not cleaned during my stay once, except they do give you clean fresh linen upon arrival. I would recommend this for those who don't really care about cleanliness and simply want to party since every night there's parties on the rooftop until around 10 and then they go in front of the hostel to finish the partying. I (being a clam and non-partyer backpacker), did not like this hostel, but some say the very opposite. Check it out if you like parties yes! On the opposite hand, if you want tranquility, I would Suggest Eva's which is right beside this one. (more expensive, but really clean and quiet)!
Have fun!